Author Topic: School permission slip warns parents that their child may 'get his or her clothes wet or dirty' playing outside  (Read 1270 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362193/School-permission-slip-warns-parents-child-clothes-wet-dirty-playing-outside.html

In a sign that child-rearing has drastically changed, one school is now handing out permission slips warning parents that their children may get dirty from everyday outdoor play.

A Reddit user posted a picture of the strange permission slip she had to sign for her kids' school.

Understanding that their child may 'go out in the rain and snow,' 'get his or her clothes wet or dirty,' and 'come in contact with plants and trees,' were a few of the points that parents had to sign off on.

Another warning was that children would 'see birds, bugs, animals, trees, and plants in a new way.'
Warning: In this school permission slip posted to Reddit, parents are warned that their child may 'get his or her clothes wet or dirty' among other no-brainers

Warning: In this school permission slip posted to Reddit, parents are warned that their child may 'get his or her clothes wet or dirty' among other no-brainers

Miss_Interociter, the user that posted the image, at first had 'no words' for the permission slip. Later she commented on the sad double meaning behind it.

'I get that they were trying to be funny, I really do. The sad thing is, they were trying to be funny and cover their own ass at the same time. To me, the true WTF is that schools today need to find funny, tactful ways to warn parents that kids will be kids during the school year.'

The post inspired a few Reddit users to share their own experiences dealing with over-bearing parents as child-care providers.

Online mountaineer

Good grief. I shouldn't be surprised, though. I've seen far too many children who never venture outside. Too busy playing video games or just afraid of germs, I don't know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

When my nephew turned six my sister had a birthday party for him and something like 15 or 20 other six year-olds.  She asked me to help.  George said I was a raving maniac when I got home ~LOL~.......  I have honestly never seen so many neurotic kids in my life... and this was 37 years ago... I think today it's even worse.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776