Author Topic: As Its Ratings Slide, The Confessions Of A Recovering CNBC Pundit  (Read 536 times)

Offline happyg

Offline Relic

Re: As Its Ratings Slide, The Confessions Of A Recovering CNBC Pundit
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »
NBC has an issue with CNBC. The problem is, the investor class stays informed. If they don't stay informed, they aren't investors for long. In all of NBC's other offerings, they can count on the stupid public to come back for new faces even if the content doesn't change. With CNBC, even though the some investors are liberal, very few will tolerate inaccurate analysis.

NBC's model seems to be sustain any loss in order to push the liberal agenda. It will be interesting to see how this is implemented at CNBC.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
Interesting. I used to read kudlow on NRO regularly, but have noticed a dramatic change in what he had to say in print as well....... I guess you just cannot work in liberal-land and not have it rub off.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:40:41 PM »
Interesting. I used to read kudlow on NRO regularly, but have noticed a dramatic change in what he had to say in print as well....... I guess you just cannot work in liberal-land and not have it rub off.

I think it is a two stage. In the first stage, the masters tell them what they will tolerate. So, you get sort of a tepid conservatism from the likes of Kudlow and Scarborough. Then, through association at parties, work events even the workday associations push the person further and further left.

In the interest of keeping a fat paycheck, and being popular with associates, a new liberal is born.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Kudlow is merely fighting for his economic well-being, his prestige and his very essence.

If you find yourself in a den of lions...learn to smell and sound like one.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf