Author Topic: "King of Queens" Actress Quits Scientology After Years of "Interrogations"  (Read 4884 times)

Offline mountaineer

Exclusive: Actress Leah Remini quits Scientology after years of 'interrogations'
 July 11, 2013

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of ‘religion.’ ”

Former Sea Org member Mike Rinder blogged this week that at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ 2006 wedding, Remini innocently asked where Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, was. Former Scientology Celebrity Centre head Tommy Davis scolded her, “You don’t have the [bleeping] rank to ask about Shelly.” Mrs. Miscavige reportedly hasn’t been seen in public since 2007.

As a result, Remini “was put through interrogations and blacklisted within the church that she donated millions to and that her family has spent their lives in. She was put through ‘thought modification’ for five years,” our source said.

The source added that church friends Remini had for “25 to 30 years wrote internal reports” about her that “caused an investigation on her family.”

Someone close to Remini said she’s weighing going public “when she sees what the church tries to do. She has heard they use people to scare you into silence.”

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . . they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” And, “It’s not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology . . . The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families.”

A Scientology rep denied all allegations.

NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

Now that is a cult..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The obligatory pictures, folks......just doing my job.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Leah Rimini threatened to call the cops about ‘disappearance’ of Scientology leader's wife

Last Updated: 7:45 AM, July 12, 2013

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini threatened to call police, sources said, after “her many unanswered questions” about the whereabouts of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, which led to the actress being interrogated for years.

Page Six reported yesterday that Remini is making a dramatic break from the church after she began to also question practices including forcing its followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” [SPs] and the treatment of its Sea Org members.

“When you ask a question, like, ‘Where is Shelly?,’ you are immediately hauled in, interrogated and asked, ‘Why are you asking, who are you connected to, are you going on the Internet?’ ” said a source.

The source added that in such sessions, “[You are then] shown pictures of the buildings that the church built, told that the ‘SPs’ are trying to get you because the church is winning, and that when you go on all these ‘SP’ sites, you are literally cutting across man’s ability to go free. You are, in fact, killing mankind.”

The source continued, “Because Leah threatened to call the police to find Shelly, she was put through ‘Security Checking,’ her family was put through it, and her friends.”

Scientology blogger Tony Ortega wrote earlier this week: “Shelly has not been seen [in public] since 2006, except for one sighting when she was allowed to attend the funeral of her father... Remini dared to ask about it — and loudly.”

A source told Page Six that as a result of her questions, the former co-host of CBS’ “The Talk,” “was put through ‘thought modification’ for five years,” but, “When they tried this with her again earlier this year, she said, ‘Enough.’ ”

Remini released a statement last night, saying: “I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support.”

A Scientology rep had denied all allegations in our previous story, and did not immediately return a request for comment.

NY Post

Offline mountaineer

Katie Holmes, Kirstie Alley wrote negative reports about Leah Remini, sister claims
 July 19, 2013
NY Post

Leah Remini’s sister Nicole claims that both Katie Holmes and Kirstie Alley wrote “knowledge reports” to the Church of Scientology about the “King of Queens” star after Holmes’ 2006 wedding to Tom Cruise.

In an interview with Scientology blogger Tony Ortega, Nicole recalled how Leah was trying to help her pal Jennifer Lopez change seats so they could sit next to each other.

“She wanted to sit with Leah, and so Leah went to make it happen,” Nicole told the former Village Voice editor. However, a Hollywood agent “took exception to Leah’s request and complained to Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise that Leah was causing a scene.”

“Later, Leah asked other people at the event if she had caused a scene and they said she hadn’t,” said Nicole.

Nicole said that Leah then told another Scientologist friend, Melinda Brownstone, about the incident, who then submitted a report in support of the actress to the church. (Sources explained to Ortega that Brownstone was one of Remini’s best friends until they had an alleged falling out in 2008.)

However, Brownstone’s report led to four people, including Holmes and Alley, writing knowledge reports to the church about Leah and the “incident” at the wedding, Nicole said.

She concluded, “They wrote that Leah was an embarrassment to Scientology. They said she ruined the wedding. All she did was ask to change her seat.”

Yesterday, Scientology bosses fought back following Remini's announcement she was leaving the church. In a statement obtained exclusively by Page Six, the Church of Scientology said, “We won't dignify the myths, radio gossip, rumors and off-the-wall tabloid tales that have their origins with self-promoting bloggers living on the fringe of the Internet.”

Alley has also adamantly denied reports that she’s furious at Remini for leaving the Church of Scientology.

Nicole told People magazine that her sister has lost a slew of Scientology friends since her very public break from the church, but she has found support in Lopez, who is not a Scientologist.

Offline mountaineer

'You're too good to talk to that b***h': Kirstie Alley and Stacy Francis wage Twitter war against Nicole Remini after sister Leah's Scientology defection
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 05:29 EST, 22 July 2013  | UPDATED: 05:29 EST, 22 July 2013 

Reports surfaced claiming she was 'livid' with actress Leah Remini for defecting from Scientology last week. And Kirstie Alley showed her continuing anger via her Twitter account on Sunday, when she laid into Leah's sister and staunch defender Nicole Remini Wiskow. The former Cheers star tweeted former X Factor contestant Stacy Francis after the singer's Twitter row with Nicole.

'You’re too good to talk to that b***h,' she wrote. 'Tune her..block her..don’t give her her 15 minutes of fame to spew her hate xxo.'

'Truth,' replied Stacy, who is reported by Radar to have previously performed at Scientology functions.

'I love Leah Remini too much to say anything negative about her,'  Stacy wrote. Her sister shouldn't have disrespected me for no reason.

She added: 'I know I shouldn’t let the lies being written bother me bcuz that is what evil ppl want but I lose sleep and it hurts it really does.'

'It’s so crazy and I don’t want to speak out because it feeds into the nonsense. I mean really can I just sing! This is all sooooo stupid!'

The row appears to have been fuelled by Stacy retweeting Kirstie's post last week insisting her tweets about being betrayed by a friend were not about Leah.

This in turn prompted an escalating row between Nicole and Stacy, with Kirstie wading in with just a hint of sarcasm.

'Dear haters can you please jump faster and louder on my tweets ?!? You’re falling behind,' she wrote.

Nicole attempted to take the moral high ground, writing: 'Understand that when PPL are feeling convicted, it will go 2 ways 1) they will retaliate or 2) change. Don;t give in 2 the ugly. Stick 2 the facts.' ...

According to Radar Online, Nicole, a former Scientologist, claims that both Holmes and Alley wrote ‘knowledge reports’ to the church about 43-year-old Leah’s behaviour. (Church followers are understood to be obliged to submit write-ups on fellow members' transgressions.)

The Church of Scientology strenuously deny any of the sensational allegations brought by Nicole.

Leah, who left the church after 37 years last week, apparently sparked the chain of events at Cruise and Holmes' Italian wedding when she and non-Scientologist friend Jennifer Lopez tried to change seats so they could be next to one another.  ...

More at Daily Mail

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Sounds like a real nice 'religion', so joyous and giving - NOT!

How in the world do they get these suckers to join?  I guess no one has ever said Hollywood was full of intelligent people.   :shrug:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: ‘I’m Not About to Shut Up’
By Suzy Byrne Yahoo!

After her headline-making split from Scientology earlier this month, the 43-year-old actress is speaking out about it for the first time ― and says she won't stop talking.

"I believe that people should be able to question things," the former "King of Queens" star told People magazine at Saturday's 15th Annual DesignCare benefit in Malibu, though without uttering the word "Scientology" a single time. "I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct. That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."

Remini, who was one of the best-known members of the controversial church, reportedly questioned leader David Miscavige about the whereabouts of his wife, Shelly, who hasn't been seen in public since 2007. (The incident took place at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes's Italian wedding in 2006.) It led to her having to go through extensive "security checks," a practice of intensive personal questioning, and other members were told to "disconnect" from her. Eventually, it drove her to leave the church altogether. (The church doesn't comment on individual members.)

"It doesn't matter, it could be anything," she said, referring to not being silenced. "I'm not about to shut up."

Remini's family has been deeply entrenched in the church for most of her life. Although she was baptized Catholic, she became a Scientologist at the age of 9, along with her mother, Vicki Marshall, who became a high-ranked member. Her husband, Angelo Pagan, has also taken courses. Her sister, Nicole Remini-Wiskow, left in 2005.

"We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about," Remini said.

As for whether she's happy now after her decision, "Happy is a relative word," she told Us Weekly at the same event. "It's a time of change."

News first broke on July 11 that Remini had left Scientology. A day later she issued a carefully-worded statement, expressing her "sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and from fans around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support."

Soon after, her sister spoke out in support of her, telling People that the church tried to alienate Remini from her family, which was the last straw.

"If they call my mother and say, 'You have to choose between Leah and the church,' how is that a church?" asked Remini-Wiskow. "None of her Scientology friends are sticking by her side. I guess you really learn who your friends are. [But] my mom, my stepdad ... everybody is supporting her and backing her. This isn't going to break her ― or us."

Offline mountaineer

NY Post

Leah: More to follow me out of Scientology
 August 4, 2013

Leah Remini is hoping her brave break from the Church of Scientology will help others who “have waited for fear of retaliation” find the courage to question the practices of its leader, David Miscavige, sources say.

“She believes the people who have waited for fear of retaliation will find comfort as she has,” said a source close to the star. “There is love and support just waiting for them to come forward.”

After we reported Remini was breaking from Scientology, the feisty actress told People: “I believe that people should be able to question things . . . I’m not about to shut up.”

Remini’s departure reportedly angered longtime church members she had thought were friends.

A source close to Remini said: “Leah’s ‘friends’ . . . have not given her the decency as to even question alleged practices of abusing staff and unfairly excommunicating executives and long-time parishioners who have achieved high levels [within the church] and donated millions.”

Sources have said Remini was subjected to “interrogations” for questioning such practices as forcing members to “disconnect” from “suppressive persons,” and for asking about the whereabouts and safety of Miscavige’s wife, Shelly.

Remini is being supported by former member Paul Haggis, who wrote in an open letter, “When I was ‘declared’ a ‘Suppressive Person’ and shunned, she came to my defense.”

Said a friend of Leah: “The fact that it is ‘SPs’ like Paul who have come to her aid says a lot about who the good guys are. That parishioners continue to accept the information that is fed to them rather than looking for themselves is heartbreaking.”

Remini is writing a book. “Leah believes public pressure will open further investigation to [what has] stayed covered for so long,” our source said.

A Scientology rep declined to comment on Remini, adding, “Nor do we debate the latest gossip from anonymous sources.”

Offline Cincinnatus

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:49:49 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams