Author Topic: Muslims on Twitter outraged over Obama’s Ramadan wishes  (Read 967 times)

Offline flowers

Muslims on Twitter outraged over Obama’s Ramadan wishes
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:04 pm »
Muslims on Twitter are expressing their outrage after President Obama tweeted his Ramadan wishes Monday night.

“‘I wish Muslims across America & around the world a month blessed with the joys of family, peace & understanding,’ —President Obama #Ramadan,” he said.

SEE RELATED: Saudi Arabia to foreigners: Abide Muslim Ramadan rules, or face punishment

But some Muslims are thinking the president’s greeting was not so sincere.

“My mom just told me that Barack Obama wished all Muslims a happy Ramadan, I told her that maybe he should stop killing us too,” one user wrote.

Many of those criticizing the president had issue with the forced feeding of Guantanamo Bay detainees during Ramadan fasting, as well as drone strikes in the Middle East, calling him a “hypocrite” and “insincere,” Twitchy reported.

Enlarge Photo

“I am assuming Obama’s greetings to Muslims wrt Ramadan are also directed at Muslims he will be force feeding at #GTMO during that month,” one user wrote.

“Obama wishing Muslims a happy Ramadan while he drone bombs them is like Hitler wishing Auschwitz a happy hanukkah #samedifference #ramadan,” another user said.

To mark the beginning of Ramadan, the human rights group Reprieve released a video in which rapper Mos Def submits himself to forced feeding. The Council On American-Islamic Relations has also called on the President to halt the practice.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/9/muslims-twitter-outraged-over-obamas-ramadan-wishe/#ixzz2YgVfrjN9
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline mountaineer

Re: Muslims on Twitter outraged over Obama’s Ramadan wishes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »
Poor ol' Barry, even his brothers are agin' him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org