Author Topic: Cote de Pablo leaving 'NCIS'  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mrclose

Cote de Pablo leaving 'NCIS'
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:44:47 am »

CBS confirms actress Cote de Pablo, who plays agent Ziva David on the procedural, will exit the show during the upcoming season.

De Pablo said in a statement: “I’ve had 8 great years with NCIS and Ziva David. I have huge respect and affection for Mark, Gary, Michael, David, Rocky, Pauley, Brian, Sean, all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.”

The news comes just ahead of the start of production on the show’s upcoming 11th season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/10/cote-de-pablo-leaving-ncis/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Cote de Pablo leaving 'NCIS'
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:48:39 am »
They'll kill her off.  It's an unwritten rule that if you want off the show and you're a main character, you die.

Given this is very likely the last season, she really should have finished it off.

Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D will most likely put a real hurt on NCIS.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:37:57 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »
It will be interesting to see who fills her place. Hopefully they won't add a gay character to the show. I still enjoy NCIS.    :patriot: 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:30:03 pm »
Cote de Pablo... for some odd reason I thought Pauly Shore had somehow joined the cast (Cote = shore in French, Pablo = Paul in Spanish).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:40:37 am »
It will be interesting to see who fills her place. Hopefully they won't add a gay character to the show. I still enjoy NCIS.    :patriot:

They might.  That worthless character Ned Dorneget is a homosexual, although I think they only mentioned it once or twice and it's never been part of a storyline.  Mostly he's just the bumbling comic relief.

But if they make him a regular, I will turn it off.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline mrclose

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 04:18:57 am »
They might.  That worthless character Ned Dorneget is a homosexual, although I think they only mentioned it once or twice and it's never been part of a storyline.  Mostly he's just the bumbling comic relief.

But if they make him a regular, I will turn it off.
I knew there was something strange about that guy!

I don't think that they will be putting him in Ziva's spot!
Too many male agents.

Oh wait! :whistle:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self