Author Topic: Afghan army says soldier opens fire on Americans  (Read 1028 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Afghan army says soldier opens fire on Americans
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:01:29 am »
Yahoo News from the AP feed: http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-army-says-soldier-opens-fire-americans-104058035.html

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Afghan army's commander in southern Afghanistan says one of his troops opened fire on American soldiers at Kandahar airfield but did not cause any casualties.

Gen. Abdul Hamid said the shooter was taken into custody after the Tuesday morning incident and is now being questioned.

The NATO-led coalition says it can confirm an attack in southern Afghanistan, but says the Afghan army is taking the lead in securing the scene and is referring any other questions to them.

It appeared to be the latest in a string of so-called "insider attacks" in which Afghan forces open fire on their comrades or international forces. The attacks threaten to shake the confidence of the two sides as the 2014 withdrawal of most of the international troops approaches.

Developing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Re: Afghan army says soldier opens fire on Americans
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »
I don't see any reason anymore to even be in Afghanistan if the regime won't let our troops fight the bad guys with pure force. The ROE only is killing our troops.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »
I don't see any reason anymore to even be in Afghanistan if the regime won't let our troops fight the bad guys with pure force. The ROE only is killing our troops.

The UK forces still in Afghanistan have very quietly ditched the "allies" ROE. This is why they tend to not get attacked.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »
The UK forces still in Afghanistan have very quietly ditched the "allies" ROE. This is why they tend to not get attacked.
Good for them.