Author Topic: The Lone Ranger hates guns? Yep, Hollywood did it again. .  (Read 3112 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Just in time for the Fourth of July, America’s Independence Day holiday, Hollywood takes an old, patriotic radio and TV show and turns it into an anti-American, anti-business liberal fantasy, “The Lone Ranger,” in movie theaters today. It’s a long, slow, boring 2.5 hours of liberal fantasy. The Lone Ranger (Armie Hammer) is a moron and an anti-gun dope (yes, I’m not kidding–The Lone Ranger, who historically was inherently connected with guns, is now against that). And the only smart, decent guy in the movie is . . . wait for it . . . the American Indian, Tonto. Oh, and did I mention that the villains of this movie are the American military–civil war veterans–and the businessmen who developed the railroads across America, which was a great development in our history, not a tragedy perpetrated by greedy scumbags as portrayed in this cinematic screed. Per the typical leftist Hollywood meme, the victims in this movie are Chinese men building the railroads and the American Indians–both groups victimized by the evil White American male interloper.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/63986/hi-ho-blather-lone-ranger-is-a-long-anti-american-liberal-bore/
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: The Lone Ranger hates guns? Yep, Hollywood did it again. .
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:08:51 am »
Just another reason not to go see it.

perpetrated by greedy scumbags

Well, some of them were just that.  Not all the men who built the railroads were find upstanding citizens.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:30 am »
Bad enough that the new Superman spoke out against humans using Earths resources in the latest movie, now the Lone Ranger is against guns. Like the article says, kids are going to see this, and this stuff poisons their minds about America.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:56 am »
Bad enough that the new Superman spoke out against humans using Earths resources in the latest movie, now the Lone Ranger is against guns. Like the article says, kids are going to see this, and this stuff poisons their minds about America.

Yeah, I noticed that too about the Superman movie.  One thing though, Jor-El was pointing out the arrogance of the leadership.  They knew what they were doing by "harvesting the core" would end in disaster, but did it anyway because it was easy.  They were too lazy to advance their civilization and in fact had regressed it.  To me it showed the absolute folly of unbridled arrogance.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:24:11 am »
The good news is... not many people actually are seeing this. It's a flop.

Fortunately, the original is now in public domain... and thus free to listen to and watch.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22lone%20ranger%22

Of course, my favorite was the Lenny Bruce take. (NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMTPGc0Z6A
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:28:43 am »
Yeah, I noticed that too about the Superman movie.  One thing though, Jor-El was pointing out the arrogance of the leadership.  They knew what they were doing by "harvesting the core" would end in disaster, but did it anyway because it was easy.  They were too lazy to advance their civilization and in fact had regressed it.  To me it showed the absolute folly of unbridled arrogance.

For someone so concerned about disaster you would think he would have led the battle with General Zod away from Metropolis and out over the ocean. Instead the fight results in multiple square miles of total destruction in the city with many buildings destroyed and skyscrapers toppled over, and countless cars and people crushed. The death toll would have been 100 times that of 9/11.  That movie broke many taboos, starting with Lois Lane's interview with Clark Kent knowing he had super powers from the start.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:30:24 am »
For someone so concerned about disaster you would think he would have led the battle with General Zod away from Metropolis and out over the ocean. Instead the fight results in multiple square miles of total destruction in the city with many buildings destroyed and skyscrapers toppled over, and countless cars and people crushed. The death toll would have been 100 times that of 9/11.  That movie broke many taboos, starting with Lois Lane's interview with Clark Kent knowing he had super powers from the start.

Well, that's the fault of the writers, producers, and director wanting to make lots of CGI destruction.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:38:51 am »
The 1978 Superman with Christopher Reeve was far superior. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:53 am »
There is absolutely NOTHING stopping people like Clint Eastwood or Jon Voight from producing/directing a blockbuster movie on the Lone Ranger.....the WAY it was originally made...without all the political correctness bullsh*t.

I could even have fun casting the actors.....and it sure wouldn't be Johnny Depp as Tonto, when you have somebody like Lou Diamond Phillips.   LOL! 

Lone Ranger?  Hell....he wears a mask...so anybody would do. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 02:35:02 am »
who was the producer and director of The Lone Ranger movie?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:01 am »
who was the producer and director of The Lone Ranger movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/

Director:  Gore Verbinski
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 03:28:07 am »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/

Director:  Gore Verbinski

~LOL~ why did I KNOW that is who you were going to tell me, the description sounded sooooooooooo like something he would do.  Can't stand his work.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 03:34:35 am »
I'm not familiar with it at all.

I just cannot stand any more of Johnny Depp in roles and personalities the same as Pirates of the Caribbean.  The Peter Pan...make believe crap.  He's great...don't get me wrong.    But enough of Jack Sparrow, please?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 03:36:12 am »
I'm not familiar with it at all.

I just cannot stand any more of Johnny Depp in roles and personalities the same as Pirates of the Caribbean.  The Peter Pan...make believe crap.  He's great...don't get me wrong.    But enough of Jack Sparrow, please?

You know who he based Jack Sparrow on don't you?

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 03:39:01 am »

Tonto?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:00 am »

Keith Richards?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:01 am »
Tonto?

:silly:   THAT was a good one!   

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:15 am »

Have been trying to respond but the replies are cracking me up!    :laugh:

No.   Who??   :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:48 am »
Keith Richards?

His gay twin, perhaps.

WHAT?????
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:45:24 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 03:50:05 am »
DC... here is a list of his films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_Verbinski

snip..........

After completing a short film, The Ritual (which he both wrote and directed), Verbinski made his feature film directing debut with Mouse Hunt. The film was a hit globally and he soon followed up the success with the action/comedy The Mexican, starring Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt. The film received mixed reviews, and performed modestly at the box-office, earning $68 million domestically which was quite meager considering its star power (it was technically successful due to its moderately low $38 million budget). Verbinski followed it up with the horror film remake The Ring (2002), which struck gold globally, grossing well over $200 million worldwide. Verbinski also had a directorial hand in The Time Machine that year, temporarily taking over for an exhausted Simon Wells.[citation needed] Verbinski directed some of the underground Morlock sequences[citation needed] and is given a Thanks to credit in the film.

He then directed the very successful Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl which earned over $600 million at the international box office. This was his first collaboration with producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who he has since collaborated with on several other movies. His next film was The Weather Man which starred Nicolas Cage. The film received mixed to positive reviews but was a box office failure. In March 2005 he started filming the sequels Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. The former then became his biggest success so far, becoming the third film ever to gross over $1 billion at the international box office. His future project will be an adaption of William Monahan's novel Light House: A Trifle, which is a story about an artist running away from the Mafia who hides in a lighthouse, in which kooky characters live. He will also direct Butterfly, a psychological thriller about a man trying to drive his wife insane.

Verbinski was also set to direct a film for Universal based on the video game, BioShock.[3] However he has since been replaced by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo as director, but he will still produce.[4] Verbinski announced in July the film had an R-rating,[5] although it had initially been planned with an PG-13 rating.[6] He has been announced to produce and direct a remake of the film Clue, based on the board game.[7]

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 03:53:18 am »
His gay twin, perhaps.

WHAT?????

Yep. Keith Richards.  He has even done a documentary on him.. he is obsessed with Keith Richards:

http://www.13wham.com/entertainment/story/Johnny-Depp-Finally-Completes-Keith-Richards-Film/dzg6obyyVEiE8uDLDj9tNw.cspx

Published: 8:59 pm

Johnny Depp has finally finished filming a documentary about rock legend Keith Richards after four years of hard work.

The Hollywood actor is a longtime friend of the Rolling Stones legend, and even landed him a job playing his onscreen father in two Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Depp has spent the last four years working on a film about Richards' life, and he has now revealed the project is complete.

He tells Britain's Event magazine, "I've been working on it for about four years now and we've just completed the filming. Actually, it's a little strange to call it a documentary, it's more an opportunity to experience Keith - as people don't get to see him because he's quite a mysterious being. Essentially it's Keith and I sitting around having a conversation and what it boils down to is his wisdom and his philosophy and his experiences - and that would be cut with footage of his life.

"I got him for five days about three years ago, and then in February I was with him for another five days and we continued from where we left off...

"I feel blessed that this guy, who has never done anything like this before, has put his trust in me and allowed him to document his life. In some way - and I'm not comparing myself to him - I feel like Alan Lomax (music documentarian)... Doing this with Keith and recording how he thinks and how he looks back at 50 years of fame is pretty fascinating."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Captain Jack Sparrow is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. The character was created by screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, and is portrayed by Johnny Depp. He is first introduced in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003). He later appears in the sequels Dead Man's Chest (2006), At World's End (2007), and On Stranger Tides (2011). Jack Sparrow was originally conceived as a supporting character. He was brought to life by Depp, who based his characterization on The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and cartoon character Pepé Le Pew.[2] The series Pirates of the Caribbean was inspired by a Disney theme park ride, and when the ride was revamped in 2006, the character of Jack Sparrow was added to it. He also headlines The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Sparrow is also the subject of a children's book series, Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, which chronicles his teenage years, and he has also appeared in several video games.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:34 am »
Thanks Rap.   :beer:

Offline Rapunzel

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 04:19:31 am »
"Jack Sparrow was originally conceived as a supporting character. He was brought to life by Depp, who based his characterization on The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and cartoon character Pepé Le Pew."

I had heard it was based on Keith Richards -  but this is the first I had heard of the Pepe Le Pew influence! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!