Author Topic: Report: Bin Laden lived undetected in Pakistan for 9 years after 9/11  (Read 1759 times)

Offline flowers

Osama bin Laden lived in Pakistan for nine years at six different locations before he was killed in 2011 by Navy SEALs at his home in Abbottabad, according to a Pakistani commission report.

Advertisement
The report, which was conducted in the aftermath of the bin Laden raid, was made public Monday by Al Jazeera.

The 336-page report holds both Pakistani politicians and the military responsible for “gross incompetence” and “collective failures” that allowed bin Laden to live undetected in Pakistan.

Al Jazeera said the Pakistani government had buried the commission’s findings and the report was only being made public after it was leaked to the news outlet.

The 2011 bin Laden raid, in which the U.S. military secretly went deep into Pakistani territory, chilled what were already tense relations between the U.S. and Pakistan. The Pakistani government set up the commission afterward in order to determine how the U.S. was able to violate Pakistani sovereignty without repercussions and how the al Qaeda leader was able to avoid detection.

The commission found that bin Laden lived in six different locations in Pakistan over the course of nine years, after interviewing his wives, the wives of his couriers, and intelligence officials, according to Al Jazeera.

The report said that bin Laden initially traveled to Pakistan’s tribal areas after fleeing the battle of Tora Bora. The wife of a bin Laden courier said that in 2002 she traveled with a “clean-shaven Arab” to Swat Valley.

The wife told the commission that their car was once stopped for speeding with bin Laden inside, but the matter was settled quickly.

After Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was arrested in 2003, shortly after visiting bin Laden, bin Laden left Swat. Three months later, the woman said that she saw bin Laden again in Hairpur, which is about 20 miles south of Abbottabad.

From there, bin Laden eventually went to his newly built house in Abbottabad in 2005, according to the report.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/operations/309561-report-bin-laden-lived-undetected-in-pakistan-for-9-years#ixzz2YTchQNmz
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Offline Rapunzel

Anyone believe both sides didn't know he was in Pakistan raise their hands.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

by the way, Christiane Amanpour of CNN said some years ago, Bin was alive and living in a villa in Pakistan.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:21:50 pm by flowers »

Offline Rapunzel

by the way, Christiane Amanpour of CNN said some years ago, Bin was alive and living in a villa in Pakistan.  :patriot:

Yep... I'm surprised she didn't go there and interview him ( /s )
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Yep... I'm surprised she didn't go there and interview him ( /s )
I bet she tried to get one. I remember her in a burka/hajib  interviewing the leader of some sharia loving group way back around 9/11. Outrage ensued she was asked why not tell the good guys where this guy was. Of course she said it was her journalistic duty to interview the guy.

Offline Rapunzel

I bet she tried to get one. I remember her in a burka/hajib  interviewing the leader of some sharia loving group way back around 9/11. Outrage ensued she was asked why not tell the good guys where this guy was. Of course she said it was her journalistic duty to interview the guy.

Isn't she Iranian? 

I know one thing, she is not pro-America.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Report: Bin Laden lived undetected in Pakistan for 9 years after 9/11

.......according to blind Pakistani, seasoned citizen anyways.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Isn't she Iranian? 

Born in London, England,[1] Amanpour was raised in Tehran.

After completing the larger part of her elementary education in Iran, she was sent by her parents to boarding school in England when she was 11. She attended Holy Cross Convent, an all-girls school located in Chalfont St. Peter, Buckinghamshire, and then, at age 16, New Hall School, in Chelmsford, Essex. Christiane and her family returned to England not long after the Islamic Revolution began. She has stressed that they were not forced to leave the country, but were actually returning to England when Iraq invaded Iran. The family eventually remained in England, finding it difficult to return to Iran.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiane_Amanpour

Valerie Jarrett also from Iran. 

Offline Rapunzel

Born in London, England,[1] Amanpour was raised in Tehran.

After completing the larger part of her elementary education in Iran, she was sent by her parents to boarding school in England when she was 11. She attended Holy Cross Convent, an all-girls school located in Chalfont St. Peter, Buckinghamshire, and then, at age 16, New Hall School, in Chelmsford, Essex. Christiane and her family returned to England not long after the Islamic Revolution began. She has stressed that they were not forced to leave the country, but were actually returning to England when Iraq invaded Iran. The family eventually remained in England, finding it difficult to return to Iran.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiane_Amanpour

Valerie Jarrett also from Iran.

Yep... and her parents have questionable ties to the MB.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive

I was working as a contractor on Bagram Air Base in 2003, and we knew he was in the Tribal Area's. It was also rumored that he traveled north into China.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.