Author Topic: Doctors call for a ban on face cream chemical blamed for an epidemic of skin allergies  (Read 867 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

This story is out of Britain but I will add it just in case someone might need the information.

Doctors are calling for an immediate ban on a face cream chemical they say  has triggered one of the worst skin allergy epidemics ever seen.

Dermatologists estimate that one in ten patients they are seeing with eczema or dermatitis is allergic to the preservative – called methylisothiazolinone or  MI – which has been increasingly used in products since 2005.

Cosmetics firms like MI because it extends the shelf life of their products. They routinely add it to moisturisers, sun creams, shampoos  and wet wipes.

It is used in products including Nivea Daily Essentials face wipes, Piz Buin 1 Day Long Lotion, Clarins Extra-Firming Day Cream, L’Oreal RevitaLift Laser Renew, Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Body Lotion and Wet Ones hand wipes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2357697/Doctors-ban-face-cream-chemical-blamed-epidemic-skin-allergies.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

famousdayandyear

Oh my.  What ever will I do without my Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod?

Offline Rapunzel

Oh my.  What ever will I do without my Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod?

I use  L’Oreal RevitaLift all the time and never had a problem... however recently I discovered CeraVe and I actually think it works as good or better than a lot of the other much more expensive products.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776