Author Topic: Michelle Obama; Sasha and Malia are Briefed Like the President  (Read 759 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20714070,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Michelle Obama; Sasha and Malia are Briefed Like the President

You asked. She answered.

After taking questions from PEOPLE readers, Michelle Obama revealed that before she and the First Family traveled to Africa, she prepared briefing books for daughters Sasha, 12, and Malia, 14, so they could get the most out of the international traveling experience.

"We brief them like I'm briefed and like the President is briefed. They get a little packet of material so they understand the history of the country," Mrs. Obama says in response to a question from Bernadette in Des Moines, Iowa, about how the First Lady prepares her daughters for what they'll encounter in impoverished countries. She doesn't shelter them from harsh realities: "I want my girls to get the entire feel of what it means to be in countries that are not the United States."

She adds, "I want my kids to be educated and have as much information as they can about the countries that they're visiting."

Keep up with Michelle Obama in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

And she has a special shout-out to Jada, a 15-year-old high school student from Cleveland, Ohio, who submitted her Michelle-look-a-like selfies: "We're sisters in power, leadership – you and me, Jada. Change the world! I expect big things from you."

Learn more about the Obamas trip to Africa – and see if Mrs. Obama answered your question:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama; Sasha and Malia are Briefed Like the President
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:38:12 am »
She doesn't shelter them from harsh realities: "I want my girls to get the entire feel of what it means to be in countries that are not the United States."
They don't even get a feel of what it means to be in the United States, living their multi-million dollar lifestyle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Re: Michelle Obama; Sasha and Malia are Briefed Like the President
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »
They don't even get a feel of what it means to be in the United States, living their multi-million dollar lifestyle.

"I want my girls to get the entire feel of what it means to be in countries that are not the United States." Which United States Micheele?  Yours or ours?