Author Topic: Do You Notice the Crucial Declaration of Independence Phrase Missing from This Samuel Adams Commercial?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Samuel Adams beer naturally lends itself to patriotic ruminations. After all, nothing says independence like a beer named after one of our Founding Fathers. In fact, you may have noticed a new commercial by the beer company that even uses a recitation of the Declaration of Independence. But have you noticed a key phrase is missing?

Go to link for video of said commercial and some commentary.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/04/do-you-notice-the-crucial-declaration-of-independence-phrase-missing-from-this-samuel-adams-commercial/

A$$hats.

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline GourmetDan

A$$hats.

Yep, left out "by their Creator".

I hate that commercial and will not buy Sam Adams any more...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Dang I like Sam Adams beer. Oh well to pricey for me any way!  One more on the list!  :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The fact that Jefferson, an avowed agnostic, openly mentioned such a Creator is a powerful statement in and of itself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

famousdayandyear

The fact that Jefferson, an avowed agnostic, openly mentioned such a Creator is a powerful statement in and of itself.

OMG!  You said "Creator" == the "C" word

Oceander

Then again, it's just an advert for selling beer - why would a company trying to sell a product run the unnecessary risk of running off too much market share by mentioning something like "the Creator"?

Sam Adams makes beer, it doesn't make government policy, so its use, quotation, paraphrasing, or whatever, of the Declaration of Independence is nothing more than the sort of puffery one finds in many other sorts of commercials.

It's a beer ad for crying out loud.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Then again, it's just an advert for selling beer - why would a company trying to sell a product run the unnecessary risk of running off too much market share by mentioning something like "the Creator"?

Sam Adams makes beer, it doesn't make government policy, so its use, quotation, paraphrasing, or whatever, of the Declaration of Independence is nothing more than the sort of puffery one finds in many other sorts of commercials.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
IMHO, people are getting a bit uptight over this. It is just a commercial and they edited out most of the Declaration to just hit a few key phrases to make their beer point. They were just selling beer.

However, the last line of the commercial does make a statement:  "We bow to no king". Too bad people are overlooking this part. It does make me wonder if the 'creator' controversy is to distract from this line.

famousdayandyear

Not to worry folks.  The hipsters and the bama voters will never notice.  Disinformation is everywhere--'specially mass marketing.  It's how things get done. Why be seen as a proponent of a central truth when being cool is the ticket?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
From the "Conservatives Being Stupid" files ...  :odrama:

Jesse Watters: "The terrorists have won"? Curtis from South Carolina: "I bought my last Sam Adams beer ... yesterday."? Seriously, folks. Get real.   :whocares:

Fox & Friends: When Sam Adams Can't Mention God In 4th Of July Beer Ad, 'The Terrorists Have Won'
Matt Wilstein
Mediaite
July 5, 2013

The morning after Independence Day, Fox & Friends' fill-in hosts examined a 4th of July beer had that apparently has drawn the ire of some God-loving American conservatives. The commercial, played in its entirely on Fox, shows a bartender quoting the Declaration of Independence while pouring a Sam Adams. The problem? He neglects to mention that Americans' "unalienable rights" were "endowed by their creator."

As host Clayton Morris explained, Sam Adams was simply obeying the the Beer Institute's guidelines on not using religion in commercials ...

Jesse Watters wasn't quite so understanding. "When political correctness takes over the beer advertising industry, the terrorists have won," he declared ...
More, with reader comments and video clip

Offline ABX

Oh good grief. I think I'll go chill a glass now and pour one later just to counteract that stupidity.

From the "Conservatives Being Stupid" files ...  :odrama:

Jesse Watters: "The terrorists have won"? Curtis from South Carolina: "I bought my last Sam Adams beer ... yesterday."? Seriously, folks. Get real.   :whocares:

Fox & Friends: When Sam Adams Can't Mention God In 4th Of July Beer Ad, 'The Terrorists Have Won'
Matt Wilstein
Mediaite
July 5, 2013
More, with reader comments and video clip

Offline GourmetDan

Not to worry folks.  The hipsters and the bama voters will never notice.  Disinformation is everywhere--'specially mass marketing.  It's how things get done. Why be seen as a proponent of a central truth when being cool is the ticket?

When I pointed this out to my kids, they said, "Isn't that a saying from somewhere?"

"Yeah, from the Declaration of Independence", says me.

"Oh" says my college sophomore, high-school junior and high school freshment.  8888crybaby 

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

As host Clayton Morris explained, Sam Adams was simply obeying the the Beer Institute's guidelines on not using religion in commercials ...

Well, how nice that we have guidelines to stop beer companies from quoting directly from the Declaration of Independence.

Who knows what kind of rabble-rousing might occur otherwise.  I mean, look how much trouble it caused the first time...

Offline Rapunzel

When I pointed this out to my kids, they said, "Isn't that a saying from somewhere?"

"Yeah, from the Declaration of Independence", says me.

"Oh" says my college sophomore, high-school junior and high school freshment.  8888crybaby

~LOL~ have you considered homeschooling?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

So interesting; never fails.  When the liberals have no counter argument, they name-call. 
So congrats guys--the first time I've been labeled stupid on this site.
Guess I'll call my weird therapist and whine for $150 worth, and then go eat a fat worm about you bad meanies with scant ability for logical thinking.  Like Lady Gaga, you were born that way.

Offline Rapunzel

So interesting; never fails.  When the liberals have no counter argument, they name-call. 
Guess I'll call my weird therapist and whine for $150 worth, and then go eat a fat worm about you bad meanies with scant ability for logical thinking.  Like Lady Gaga, you were born that way.

I guess I missed it... unless you mean M's post??? he loves to stop by and insult all of us here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:33:03 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

I guess I missed it... unless you mean M's post??? he loves to stop by and insult all of us here.

Nothing to miss, Rap.  Thanks for checking in.
It be jus me pissn at some of da mens actin so aargant all up in he-ah.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

My comments were directed at the clowns at Fox & Friends who embarrass the rest of us on the Right, and provide ammunition to the Left, with stupid statements.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:47:48 am by Machiavelli »

Offline Rapunzel

I suspect not one of the panelists on F&F is a Conservative and definitely think none of them are conservatives. 

Offline ABX

My comments were directed at the clowns at Fox & Friends who embarrass the rest of us on the Right, and provide ammunition to the Left, with stupid statements.

My 'stupid' comment was specifically directed at the quote I posted from the Fox panelist saying 'the terrorists have won' and I don't apologize for that. It was an absolute asinine comment.