Author Topic: Bette Midler: If We'd Lost The Revolutionary War, We'd Have Universal Health Care  (Read 1268 times)

Offline flowers

Many celebrities are celebrating the Fourth of July by wishing their country a very happy birthday. It's a day where partisanship is pushed aside for good ol' fashioned patriotism.

Bette Midler is taking a different approach.

The Parental Guidance star imagines a world in which the U.S. lost the war for its independence, but it's not like that's a bad thing. After all, she argues, that would mean we'd finally have socialized medicine.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/07/04/midler-fourth-health-care-brits

I didn't really know what area to post this in. Heck this site doesn't have a Pure Insanity board area!  :patriot:

famousdayandyear

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/07/04/midler-fourth-health-care-brits

I didn't really know what area to post this in. Heck this site doesn't have a Pure Insanity board area!  :patriot:

mmmm   Maybe the mod can start one.  It's past time.    :howlin:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Right.  Like Bette Midler would confine herself or her family to the horrors of socialized medicine.

Offline Rapunzel

I wish she, Cher and many others would follow Laura Ingrham's advice.  Shut Up and Sing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

"I wish she, Cher and many others would follow Laura Ingrham's my advice.  Shut Up and Sing."
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

I think the stupidity meters in the Alpha Centauri star system are still going off scale.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

"I wish she, Cher and many others would follow Laura Ingrham's my advice.  Shut Up and Sing."

Agreed.  I never appreciated the "and Sing" part of her title. 

Oceander

Well, since Bette wants to play with counterfactuals (always a tricky business and something that most sensible people avoid), let's play that scenario through:

In Bette's case, the answer would in fact be no, she would not have universal health care.  In fact, Bette would never have existed, and her parents would have been consigned to the ovens, if not at Auschwitz, then elsewhere.

Why?  Because Bette is jewish - as the wiki article on her says - and in her alternate universe the United States doesn't exist - the French and the Spanish owned most of North America, with the British having a small slice on the East coast - and therefore the Nazi juggernaut in the West was never stopped in Bette's preferred alternate reality - no United States, with the massive material resources the US brought to the fight against the Nazis, means no effective resistance to the Nazis (or to the Japanese).  As such, the UK, and the North American colonies of the British and the French, all became part of the Nazi Third Reich, and therefore subject to the Nazi "final solution."

In other words, in Bette Midler's preferred alternate reality, she doesn't get universal health care, she gets a universal "final solution."

Amazing how anti-semitic Jews can be.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:49:33 pm by Oceander »

Offline flowers

Well, since Bette wants to play with counterfactuals (always a tricky business and something that most sensible people avoid), let's play that scenario through:

In Bette's case, the answer would in fact be no, she would not have universal health care.  In fact, Bette would never have existed, and her parents would have been consigned to the ovens, if not at Auschwitz, then elsewhere.

Why?  Because Bette is jewish - as the wiki article on her says - and in her alternate universe the United States doesn't exist - the French and the Spanish owned most of North America, with the British having a small slice on the East coast - and therefore the Nazi juggernaut in the West was never stopped in Bette's preferred alternate reality - no United States, with the massive material resources the US brought to the fight against the Nazis, means no effective resistance to the Nazis (or to the Japanese).  As such, the UK, and the North American colonies of the British and the French, all became part of the Nazi Third Reich, and therefore subject to the Nazi "final solution."

In other words, in Bette Midler's preferred alternate reality, she doesn't get universal health care, she gets a universal "final solution."

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

Excellent post, OC...... one of your best.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

Yes, bravo, O!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org