Author Topic: How To Thank A Soldier by George W Bush  (Read 564 times)

famousdayandyear

How To Thank A Soldier by George W Bush
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: How To Thank A Soldier by George W Bush
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11:01 AM »
Happy Independence Day, Rap.  Hope you can be with those great guys again!

Same to you Famous.

I hope to do it again as well.  You saw the pics, right? 

One of the guys - a Marine Gunnery Sgt.  Has had his back broken three times. He's a 30-year police office and Marine Reserves who did three tours in Iraq. Being retired from the Phoenix PD and the marines... anyway, out of the blue at the end of the weekend he gave me a special Marine shield.. I was blown away when he did it, but he said he so appreciated talking with me that he wanted me to have it..  I found it was best just treating them like a big brother... one of the guys on my boat was an extreme introvert.... but one of the other men works for the VA and found out he had not been hooked up with the VA for any treatment for his shoulder injury or mental evaluations and took all his info so he could work on getting him the help he needs...... I think it is good to do as much of these group things as possible so these men can network, too...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:11:21 AM by Rapunzel »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:11:04 PM by mountaineer »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
This morning, Fox's Megyn Kelly did a long interview with some of our wounded who are receiving smart homes.   Great segment.  Also fascinating... even their kitchen cabinets slide up and down so they can reach top shelves....  they point out in addition to making their own lives more comfortable, it frees their spouse-caretakers up to actually leave the home to go shopping, run errands, etc., and gives them a sense of normalcy to be able to do things for themselves, like shower, go potty, etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf