Author Topic: BREAKING: Egyptian TV Says Morsi Under House Arrest – Update: Travel Ban Placed On Muslim Brotherhood Leaders… Waiting for confirmation. [OFFICIAL THREAD FOR THE DAY]  (Read 18243 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

21:02 Here we go. Chief of Egyptian armed forces, Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi, is speaking live on Egyptian television.

20:55 Another statement by an opposition group, clearly anticipating an announcement that meets their demands.

The 30 June Coordinating Committee, a coalition of anti-Morsi groups, releases a statement refusing any foreign pressures exerted on the armed forces to pull it away from the popular movement and portray its stance as a coup. It also rejects attempts by the Muslim Brotherhood and its allies to abort the “popular revolution” which went to the streets by the millions.

The statement declared its rejection of what it describes as the US standing by the Muslim Brotherhood for its own interests.

The current unprecedented popular movement is a continuation of the January 25 revolution, the statement asserted, and “will achieve its goals of justice and dignity by the struggle of its people”.

“We call on national forces to remain united in its path in the face of any attempt to divide” the statement read. 

20:50 A presidential source tells Ahram Arabic that President Mohamed Morsi was informed by the army at 7pm that he is no longer president.

Offline Cincinnatus

I wish the Egyptians well but shall reserve judgement until we see how this all turns out, and how his Highness will handle the deposing of his guy, Morsi (giggle).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

Anything that makes "King Putt" (someone else's term) look like the feckless wus that he is, is fine with me.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

As bad ad things were in Egypt under a dictator.. it paled to the MB, you don't take free people and try to make them subjects..

Just amazing to watch this...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

21:04 Some initial quotes from the speech by the head of Egypt's military:

The armed forces would never turn a blind eye towards the aspirations of the Egyptian people.

The armed forces will always be out of politics. The Egyptian people called on the armed forces to fulfill the goals of the revolution.

The armed forces understood the demands of the Egyptian people. We are committed to fulfilling our responsibility.

Since November 2012, we have called for a national dialogue, which was accepted by all parties except the presidency.

Offline flowers

Suspended constitution. Chief Supreme Court judge temporary president.

Parliament dissolved!   

Offline Rapunzel

famousdayandyear

This situation has GOT to be an improvement over the constant attacks on Coptic Catholics there by savage salafis or other miscreants.

Offline Rapunzel

This situation has GOT to be an improvement over the constant attacks on Coptic Catholics there by savage salafis or other miscreants.

:amen: :amen:

Offline flowers

Offline happyg

:amen: :amen:

I imagine celebrating like that here when Obummer is gone, and replaced by people who love America and abide by the Constitution.

Offline Rapunzel

I just turned on TV for a bit....just amazing !!!!

Giving me chills... if only all the middle east would assert their rights for freedom freedom and get out from the Moulas.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Giving me chills... if only all the middle east would assert their rights for freedom freedom and get out from the Moulas.

Me too! I was watching before we left and knew when we came back he would bee history!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline flowers

That photo of that guy with a cross and koran is very encouraging.  Still the  MB/White House approved sharia folks aren't going anywhere.  yet 22 million people can't be wrong!!!!   :patriot:

famousdayandyear

Thank God that General al-Sisi has control of those F16s the SCOAMF sent over there!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
On CNN:  No official reaction from the WH.

There will be a statement on the crisis of global warming shortly...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

I need to finish getting dressed and go have my blood drawn, don't want to leave this... I love watching history.. reminds me of when the wall fell in Berlin.

Offline flowers

You gotta bet many sharia lovers are watching this and are a bit worried.  :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You gotta bet many sharia lovers are watching this and are a bit worried.  :patriot:

Better "worried" than "furious".  (We all know where that fury leads ..... )