Author Topic: 17 killed by US drone strike that 'jolted' entire Pakistani town  (Read 268 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
Via NBC:

PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- At least 17 people were killed in a U.S drone attack in the volatile North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan early Wednesday, officials said.

Local residents and security officials said the aircraft fired four missiles and struck a house at Sara-e-Darpakhel area of Miranshah, which is located near the Afghan border.

"I never heard such a huge drone strike before," local resident Nasrullah Khan said. "They simultaneously fired four huge missiles and jolted the entire town."

Local administration officials and tribesmen said a house located in a residential area appeared to have been targeted.

"At the moment we don't know about the victims and their identity but the area where the drone hit a structure is known for presence of militants," a Pakistani security official said, adding that the blasts "shook the whole town."

In a statement, Pakistan's government condemned the drone strike, describing it as "a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and territorial integrity.

More at link.
Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

Re: 17 killed by US drone strike that 'jolted' entire Pakistani town
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
That must have given Barry Hussein a big tingle.
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo