Author Topic: Morsi demands army withdraw ultimate, vows to resist  (Read 1263 times)

Offline flowers

Morsi demands army withdraw ultimate, vows to resist
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:17:16 pm »
CAIRO - Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi called on the armed forces on Tuesday to withdraw an ultimatum for him to share power with his political opponents and said he would not be dictated to.

"President Mohamed Morsi asserts his grasp on constitutional legitimacy and rejects any attempt to deviate from it, and calls on the armed forces to withdraw their warning and refuses to be dictated to internally or externally," a tweet on the official Twitter feed of the Egyptian presidency said.

A military source said the armed forces had seen Morsi's statement and would issue a response to it.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Morsi-demands-army-withdraw-ultimate-vows-to-resist-318501

I am almost in favor of his resisting. Let the fight begin!  Just me though, your thoughts?

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Morsi demands army withdraw ultimate, vows to resist
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:47 pm »
Wouldn't bother me if they strung him up.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:22:25 pm »
http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Morsi-demands-army-withdraw-ultimate-vows-to-resist-318501

I am almost in favor of his resisting. Let the fight begin!  Just me though, your thoughts?
although I know he has the backing of the White House and our troops are supposed to protect Morsi, so like I said almost in favor of him resisting.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »
Wouldn't bother me if they strung him up.
It wouldn't bother me if the helped him to the hospital like they did Ambasador Stevens.   :patriot:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:44:45 am »
Morsi got rid of the top military men (non-MB), and my sense is those remaining despise him for it.