Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Moving to Primetime at Fox News  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Megyn Kelly Moving to Primetime at Fox News
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:09 pm »
Megyn Kelly is moving to primetime for Fox News Channel, the network announced this afternoon. But to which hour, is not known. Since 2010, Kelly has anchored the two-hour afternoon show “America Live.”...

The move is scheduled to happen after Kelly returns from maternity leave. But it was not announced, and it is not immediately clear, which primetime hour Kelly will anchor. Primetime in cable news typically means 8-11pm. Fox News Channel’s top two shows are O’Reilly at 8pm and Hannity at 9pm. “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” at 10pm just finished the second quarter as the sixth-most watched show on Fox News, and in fact, in all of cable.

I like Megyn and wish her well with the upcoming birth of her child as well as her career at Fox. I just wonder where they are going to place her. Maybe they could get rid of that dim bulb Hannity and have a show with her instead. Or make her a co-host with O'Reilly  :silly:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/megyn-kelly-moving-to-primetime-at-fox-news_b186632
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Megyn Kelly Moving to Primetime at Fox News
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »
At least Hannity has good guests and lively discussions.  O'Reilly's show has to be the most boring on the planet--I have no idea how he keeps raking in the ratings.  Does he still have the body language chick?  Or the Alan Colmes/ sister in law (forgot her name) segment that's more boring than annoying. 

Personally, I'd love to see them dump Shep Smith and let her that slot.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »
 :amen: on dumping Shep.   BOR has become almost unwatchable lately.  I love Greta!  but I think Megyn is moving to Greta's timeslot.  Greta's husband has been fighting cancer and said he would like to have her home at night for a change... rumors are she and Megyn are going to switch spots.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:13:48 pm »
I guess I could live with that.  I love Greta too--hopefully, congressmen and senators will be as accessable to her during the early hours of the day.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:32:56 pm »
I guess I could live with that.  I love Greta too--hopefully, congressmen and senators will be as accessable to her during the early hours of the day.

My two favorites at Fox.  Greta and Megyn.  Least favorite Shep and BOR
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:37 pm »
DUMP SHEP!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »
I agree that I would prefer Shep be gone more than nayone but I am not be sure he can be considered to be in prime time with his evening news show. Maybe, I suppose. Otoh, Greta has announced, via her blog at the Zimmerman trial, “I am very busy here in Florida so let me just quickly blog this: I am not going anywhere. I have a long term contract with Fox and it is for a show in “prime time".
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
I agree that I would prefer Shep be gone more than nayone but I am not be sure he can be considered to be in prime time with his evening news show. Maybe, I suppose. Otoh, Greta has announced, via her blog at the Zimmerman trial, “I am very busy here in Florida so let me just quickly blog this: I am not going anywhere. I have a long term contract with Fox and it is for a show in “prime time".

Hmmmmmmmmmm :pondering: :pondering: :pondering:   Could we get lucky and BOR is going to retire........

Nahhhhhhhh no such luck.

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 12:20:56 am »
At least Hannity has good guests and lively discussions.  O'Reilly's show has to be the most boring on the planet--I have no idea how he keeps raking in the ratings.  Does he still have the body language chick?  Or the Alan Colmes/ sister in law (forgot her name) segment that's more boring than annoying. 

Personally, I'd love to see them dump Shep Smith and let her that slot.
WORD!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.