Author Topic: Draft Egypt army roadmap would suspend the constitution and dissolve Islamist-led parliament  (Read 986 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 1m

Draft Egypt army roadmap would suspend the constitution and dissolve Islamist-led parliament: military sources #breaking

Tweet only so far. Will update in here when Reuters does.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 49s

Draft Egypt army roadmap lays out plan for interim council to rule until constitution changed, followed by presidential election #breaking

So possibly not as bad as feared.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/02/us-egypt-protests-roadmap-idUSBRE9610QN20130702

Exclusive: Draft Egypt army roadmap to change constitution, scrap parliament- sources

(Reuters) - Egypt's armed forces would suspend the constitution and dissolve an Islamist-dominated parliament under a draft political roadmap to be pursued if Islamist President Mohamed Mursi and the liberal opposition fail to agree by Wednesday, military sources said.

The sources told Reuters the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) was still discussing details and the plan, intended to resolve a political crisis that has brought millions of protesters into the streets, could be changed based on political developments and consultations.

Chief-of-staff General Abdel Fattah El-Sisi called in a statement on Monday for Mursi to agree within 48 hours on power-sharing with other political forces, saying the military would otherwise set out its own roadmap for the country's future.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Story at Reuters link expanded and updated.