Author Topic: Lois Lerner’s price for testimony: Immunity  (Read 715 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Lois Lerner’s price for testimony: Immunity
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:32:15 am »
Via Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/lois-lerner-irs-testimony-immunity-93684.html#ixzz2XwhXxHyR

Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner will not testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee unless she’s given immunity from prosecution, her lawyer told POLITICO Tuesday.

“They can obtain her testimony tomorrow by doing it the easy way … immunity,” William W. Taylor III said in a phone interview. “That’s the way to resolve all of this.”
Lois Lerner pleads the fifth

The comments reflect the hard-line approach Lerner, the former head of the IRS division that scrutinized conservative groups, and her legal team are taking in defending her role in the agency’s scandal.

Taylor, a founding partner of Zuckerman Spaeder LLP, is even shrugging off the possibility that the full House might vote to hold Lerner in contempt.

More at link
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Lois Lerner’s price for testimony: Immunity
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 03:28:39 am »
Immunity from what?    :silly: :silly:  thought she said "I've done nothing wrong" before taking the 5th.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:42:45 pm »
I honestly believe that Lerner could get her immunity, testify that she was told by Obama himself to target conservatives, and nothing would come of it.

I believe that's how dysfunctional we've become.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 12:50:56 pm »
I honestly believe that Lois Lerner could get immunity.....and STILL lie her ass off on the stand.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:31 pm »
I honestly believe that Lois Lerner could get immunity.....and STILL lie her ass off on the stand.

It's a liberal thing. Liberals, and Obama is a textbook example, will lie when the truth would work.