Author Topic: Student debt flunking many first-time home buyers  (Read 559 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Student debt flunking many first-time home buyers
« on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:50 AM »

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Student debt flunking many first-time home buyers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »
Methinks this is just one more covert political attempt to garner support for having the federal government cancel everyone's student loan debt.  I fail to see any difference between (i) flunking a prospective buyer because of the amount of his/her student loans (and ratio to income) and his/her track record of managing those loans (e.g., paying on time or consistently late), (ii) and flunking a prospective buyer because of any other legitimate debt - no matter how ill-advised it was to take on that debt - the prospective buyer has.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »
Methinks this is just one more covert political attempt to garner support for having the federal government cancel everyone's student loan debt.  I fail to see any difference between (i) flunking a prospective buyer because of the amount of his/her student loans (and ratio to income) and his/her track record of managing those loans (e.g., paying on time or consistently late), (ii) and flunking a prospective buyer because of any other legitimate debt - no matter how ill-advised it was to take on that debt - the prospective buyer has.
Agreed.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf