Author Topic: Mark Burnett's 'The Bible' Sequel Gets Greenlight at NBC, Not History  (Read 959 times)

Offline flowers

There will be a sequel to Mark Burnett's successful miniseries "The Bible," but it won't be on the History Channel.

Instead, it's moving from the minors to the majors: Burnett and NBC are forging a holy alliance to bring the sequel to the peacock.

The sequel, which bears the working title "A.D.: Beyond the Bible," follows the enormously popular 10-part miniseries "The Bible," which drew a huge audience to History earlier this year and is a likely Emmy contender.

It should be noted that Burnett executive produces NBC's hit singing competition "The Voice."

The new project begins in the dark days after Jesus' betrayal and death.

"A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest," NBC says of the sequel. "High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power. Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus' disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/mark-burnetts-bible-sequel-gets-nbc-greenlight-162720448.html

The left will try to have us believe this is not a God Loving nation.  Yet this series ratings was off the charts. I know I will be looking forward to watching the series again.  :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
NBC needs all the help they can get.

Their most popular program, Sunday Night Football, is a big money-loser... and other than that and The Voice, they really don't have much. Heck, even The Jay Leno Show looks like a good idea at this point.

The project looks like it has the potential for some seriously compelling television.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

NBC needs all the help they can get.

Their most popular program, Sunday Night Football, is a big money-loser... and other than that and The Voice, they really don't have much. Heck, even The Jay Leno Show looks like a good idea at this point.

The project looks like it has the potential for some seriously compelling television.

Utter stupidity is replacing their #1 Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon of "slow jam" fame.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Utter stupidity is replacing their #1 Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon of "slow jam" fame.
I am waiting to see how that turns out for NBC.  I have a family member who is a lib, they aren't going to watch Fallon. They are highly upset about it.