Author Topic: Birdwatchers Gather To See Rare Bird...Which Flies Into A Turbine, Dies  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Ok, I am not happy this bird lost its life but the circumstances just make me roll my eyes.

SCOTLAND -- 80 birdwatchers got together in Scotland to get a glimpse of a White-throated Needletail: a rare bird that has not been seen in the United Kingdom for 22 years. The birders were there to watch the world's fastest flying bird, instead they witnessed it fly directly into a wind turbine where it was killed instantly.

According to Bird Guides' Josh Jones: "It was seen by birders fly straight into the turbine."

Suicide has not been ruled out.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/07/01/BirdWatchers-Gather-To-See-Rare-Bird-Which-Flies-Into-A-Turbine-Dies
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

C, :thud: :thud: :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Suicide has not been ruled out. :silly:

Online GourmetDan

Ok, I am not happy this bird lost its life but the circumstances just make me roll my eyes.

I'm sorry but this is just extremely funny.

I wonder how many of those birders are also 'green energy' zombies?  100%?

Must be terrible when your paradigms self-destruct before your very eyes...  LOL!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but this is not a particularly rare or even endangered bird-- just one that happened to be woefully off course. The species spends most of its time in Asia and it's only considered rare in England, far outside its usual habitat.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024