Author Topic: Breaking: Obama And Putin Take Action On Whistleblower  (Read 1317 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Breaking: Obama And Putin Take Action On Whistleblower
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »
Via Sky News: http://news.sky.com/story/1110214/obama-and-putin-take-action-on-whistleblower

Currently a placeholder page

Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin have ordered their security chiefs to find a way to remove Edward Snowden from a Moscow airport.

More follows...
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Breaking: Obama And Putin Take Action On Whistleblower
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »
Update.

Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin have ordered their security chiefs to find a way to remove Edward Snowden from a Moscow airport.

Mr Snowden, a former US National Security Agency contractor, has been on the run since leaking information about the US government's secret surveillance programmes to The Guardian and The Washington Post in early June.

He initially fled from Hawaii to Hong Kong, but was allowed to leave the country after what Hong Kong officials claim was a clerical error on the part of the US government.

Russia has rejected US calls to hand over Snowden, saying that because he remains in Sheremetyevo Airport transit zone he has not officially crossed the Russian border. Therefore, they claim, they are powerless to act.

Both Mr Putin and Mr Obama have now ordered the heads of the security agencies, the FBI and FSB to find a solution to the impasse, according to the head of Russia's Security Council, Nikolai Patrushev.

Speaking to the state television channel Rossiya 24, he said: "Of course (Putin and Obama) don't have a solution that would work for both sides, so they have ordered the FSB director (Alexander) Bortnikov and FBI director Robert Mueller to keep in constant contact and find solutions."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:00:22 pm »
NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 1m

BREAKING UPDATE: Putin says if Snowden wants to stay in Russia, he must "stop his work aimed at harming our American partners" - @Reuters

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:19:04 pm »
NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 1m

BREAKING UPDATE: Putin says if Snowden wants to stay in Russia, he must "stop his work aimed at harming our American partners" - @Reuters

WTF does this really mean?  Some one here help me to understand this statement please.....stop his work aimed at harming our American partners

Russia is upset because Snowden has info on USA?  Or Putin just saying this out loud to throw everyone off the fact he is happy about it?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »
WTF does this really mean?  Some one here help me to understand this statement please.....stop his work aimed at harming our American partners

Russia is upset because Snowden has info on USA?  Or Putin just saying this out loud to throw everyone off the fact he is happy about it?

Putin is old enough to remember and have been active in the Cold War. Don't forget, he was in the same line of work as Snowden for a lot of years.

He's basically telling the USA that Russia will not act on any information Snowden has and will attempt to prevent release of that information. Your choice if you want to believe that - I don't.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:30:03 pm »
American partners......where one supports and arms the Assad regime in Syria, while Obama supports Mr. Mayhem, the insurgents?

That's what is defined as "partners" today?   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:30:34 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 06:30:51 pm »
I wouldn't believe anything Putin says any more than I would believe the current U.S. administration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »
Putin is trying to pull Obama's skinny butt out of the ditch.

He wants it to appear that they're working on this together; he also wants it to appear that he cares.  He doesn't.  The longer Obama twists in the wind, the more he likes it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:35:24 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »
So Putin is doing this until Obama orders the destruction of most of our nukes, then he will release the info? This is the only reason I can think of Putin doing this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:39:46 pm by flowers »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:57 pm »
I wouldn't believe anything Putin says any more than I would believe the current U.S. administration.

I think Putin has the edge on credibility over Obama.

But I don't believe him either.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »
So Putin is doing this until Obama orders the destruction of most of our nukes, then he will release the info? This is the only reason I can think of Putin doing this.

Whatever his reason, Putin is playing Obama like a fiddle.  We can all count on that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 11:44:26 pm »
Whatever his reason, Putin is playing Obama like a fiddle.  We can all count on that.

It's probably because he's still laughing at Obama for sending Hillary over with that Reset button....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.