Author Topic: NEW: NSA leaker Snowden has applied for political asylum in Russia.  (Read 668 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 55s

NEW: NSA leaker Snowden has applied for political asylum in Russia. Application delivered by Wikileaks activist
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/world/europe/snowden-applies-for-asylum-in-russia.html

Snowden Applies for Asylum in Russia

MOSCOW — Edward J. Snowden, the former national security staffer accused of espionage, has applied for political asylum in Russia, a Russian immigration official said on Monday.

According to the official, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, Mr. Snowden’s application was hand-delivered to a Russian consulate in Terminal F of Moscow’s Sheremyetevo Airport late Sunday evening by Sarah Harrison, an activist for WikiLeaks traveling with Mr. Snowden.

A Foreign Ministry official told The Los Angeles Times on Monday that Mr. Snowden had applied to 15 countries for political asylum, giving Russian diplomatic officials the appeals on Monday morning at a meeting at the airport. The official characterized the applications as “a desperate measure” on Mr. Snowden’s part, after Ecuadorean officials said that the Ecuadorean travel document he was using was invalid.

More at link. Sorry for these being out of order. My Twitter feed is acting up today.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:04:39 pm by EC »

Offline happyg

Lets allow Putin and Obama go head-to-head in a ring, and may the best man win.  :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Lets allow Putin and Obama go head-to-head in a ring, and may the best man win.  :silly:

I like that idea  :0001:

Offline mountaineer

One of those cage fighting things? One judo chop would do it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org