Author Topic: A Father's Pride (dad being me)  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

A Father's Pride (dad being me)
« on: June 30, 2013, 11:56:12 pm »
One of my daughters posted this on her FB page. Brianna was born in TX, lives in the Dallas area, is an RN, and is engaged. I am just so pleased with her.

I've seen plenty of the pro choice argument on my facebook for the past week... But I mean.... Fetuses have neural networks at 20 weeks. They can feel pain. Why would you want to chop up and vacuum out something that you created when you've had five months to make that decision? I know people say "health of the mother" but that type of abortion I only 2-3% of all abortions. Besides there is a clause in the bill that allows medical necessity. Just thought I'd open that can of worms and throw it on Facebook.

She then included this link: http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/

God bless you, honey, though you may never know I added this to this Forum.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: A Father's Pride (dad being me)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:14:16 am »
You should invite her here...would love to have her.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:23:40 am »
God Bless her ......   

People yammering about this bill in Texas are being disingenuous and deceitful, glad to see other smart people, like your daughter, stand up to them.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 12:37:44 am »

I would, Mystery, but she's not a political junkie like her dad. I think she just has strong feelings about this one subject, but who knows? I will message her and see what, if anything, happens.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:03 am »

That's impossible, Myst!

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3afZip4BTRc

:silly:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 12:44:01 am »

I would, Mystery, but she's not a political junkie like her dad. I think she just has strong feelings about this one subject, but who knows? I will message her and see what, if anything, happens.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline briskirn

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:01:59 am »
Hey, pa. Sorry, George.

I am totally unusual in that I like reading about current issues. I looked through some of the forums before registering, and I see a lot of useful information in them.

I went to a college that was very liberal by Texas standards. As a result, during the whole sb 5 debacle, people were making posts about it every day on my facebook. The Republicans hate women. Democracy now. Yada yada yada. I only saw one pro life post during that time. I have to say though, the response to my post took me by surprise. Instead of the supernova that usually occurs when you challenge a liberal, and you know your argument is stronger, people were actually fairly receptive. I got a few "Being pro choice does not make me pro abortion, and I just think people should have a choice" responses. To me that's vague and weak. If you think something is wrong, you should at least stand by your opinions.

Yes, totally disingenuous. None of the liberal articles I read about the filibuster discussed why the 20 week mark is important in fetal development. Instead, there was this voracious tone that the left wing media has long been waiting for with regards to Texas. You have Wendy Davis, who is an attractive, successful Democrat in Texas taking on the evil Rick Perry. Rick Perry has done an excellent job as governor, and I'll take it as a compliment that this is the first opportunity the media has had to really sieze upon his leadership.

Have faith in your daughter. I supported Obama in 2008 (Sorry, pa). He had a message that resonated with people my age (I was 18) at the time: Change, hope, progress. I didn't see why we couldn't have "free" healthcare, since other countries have it. I also believed, like most people do, that the deficit is like a balloon that you just let go of and never see again. I have had substantial education during that time. I have realized a lot of truths and done a lot of research. I am a Conservative now.

Looking forward to having some discussions on this site.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:05:14 am by briskirn »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:39 am »
Welcome to TBR briskirn....we always like new voices and ideas...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 01:29:45 am »
Hey, pa. Sorry, George.

I am totally unusual in that I like reading about current issues. I looked through some of the forums before registering, and I see a lot of useful information in them.

I went to a college that was very liberal by Texas standards. As a result, during the whole sb 5 debacle, people were making posts about it every day on my facebook. The Republicans hate women. Democracy now. Yada yada yada. I only saw one pro life post during that time. I have to say though, the response to my post took me by surprise. Instead of the supernova that usually occurs when you challenge a liberal, and you know your argument is stronger, people were actually fairly receptive. I got a few "Being pro choice does not make me pro abortion, and I just think people should have a choice" responses. To me that's vague and weak. If you think something is wrong, you should at least stand by your opinions.

Yes, totally disingenuous. None of the liberal articles I read about the filibuster discussed why the 20 week mark is important in fetal development. Instead, there was this voracious tone that the left wing media has long been waiting for with regards to Texas. You have Wendy Davis, who is an attractive, successful Democrat in Texas taking on the evil Rick Perry. Rick Perry has done an excellent job as governor, and I'll take it as a compliment that this is the first opportunity the media has had to really sieze upon his leadership.

Have faith in your daughter. I supported Obama in 2008 (Sorry, pa). He had a message that resonated with people my age (I was 18) at the time: Change, hope, progress. I didn't see why we couldn't have "free" healthcare, since other countries have it. I also believed, like most people do, that the deficit is like a balloon that you just let go of and never see again. I have had substantial education during that time. I have realized a lot of truths and done a lot of research. I am a Conservative now.

Looking forward to having some discussions on this site.
Welcome. I'm not much older than you (late 20s-- I prefer to keep it vague for privacy purposes) and it is, quite frankly, refreshing to see some faces more in my age range around here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 12:56:26 pm »
Welcome. I'm not much older than you (late 20s-- I prefer to keep it vague for privacy purposes) and it is, quite frankly, refreshing to see some faces more in my age range around here.

:beer: Total agreement. Us fossils ain't going to last forever you know  :smokin:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 03:46:14 am »
:beer: Total agreement. Us fossils ain't going to last forever you know  :smokin:

Speak for yourslf. If Billy Joel was right, and "Only the Good Die Young", I'll be the guy shutting off the lights when the Universe goes dark.  88devil 88devil 88devil
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 04:04:04 am »
Speak for yourslf. If Billy Joel was right, and "Only the Good Die Young", I'll be the guy shutting off the lights when the Universe goes dark.  88devil 88devil 88devil
:tongue2:

Well played.  :laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »
Ohh. kwitcherwhinin' DUDE, the fact that I'm TWICE yer age ain't the ONLY reason I debate rings around ya, JMFuller...

I'm also open-minded 2 a fault...MUD :bighug:

Youngster.  :tongue2:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 06:11:02 am »
Dang right - still, it's good to see a new generation of conservatives.

I know they are out there. A surprising number of the younger people (20 - 40) on my FB are conservative or conservative leaning but they are busy doing what we were doing at their age - working, getting ahead and raising families. They don't really have the time for active participation in forums.

Doesn't mean they don't read them.  :beer: