Author Topic: Please call/email Jan Brewer and let her know that we recognize and celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in AZ!  (Read 995 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

https://www.facebook.com/events/429720070454080/

Hey - a friend asked. Costs 10 seconds for an email.

I looked at the site and its hosted by someone calling herself an activist???  Why are they doing this?   And what's the big deal?   Yes we celebrate it here, we also have a fairly small black population here compared to a lot of other states... I don't think they like the heat... though since s prison was built nearby there is more in our town than many are used to seeing... related?   :pondering: :pondering:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I looked at the site and its hosted by someone calling herself an activist???  Why are they doing this?   And what's the big deal?   Yes we celebrate it here, we also have a fairly small black population here compared to a lot of other states... I don't think they like the heat... though since s prison was built nearby there is more in our town than many are used to seeing... related?   :pondering: :pondering:

Without going into too much detail - her family got badly stitched up and she is righteously peeved about it. You know the old saying - a liberal is a liberal until the first time they get mugged.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

The biggest issue here in Arizona has been the schools decided if they took MLK day off then there was no need to take Presidents day off and celebrate Washington and Lincoln... a LOT of locals are peeved about that.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776