Author Topic: Obama: 'I don't need a photo-op' with Mandela  (Read 1465 times)

Offline flowers

Obama: 'I don't need a photo-op' with Mandela
« on: June 28, 2013, 04:57:57 pm »
"We'll see what the situation is when we land," Obama said as he flew from Dakar, Senegal, to Johannesburg, according to The Associated Press.

"I don't need a photo-op and the last thing I want to do is to be in any way obtrusive at a time when the family is concerned with Nelson Mandela's condition," Obama continued.

"I think the main message we'll want to deliver, if not directly to him, but to his family, is simply profound gratitude for his leadership."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/308397-obama-i-dont-need-a-photo-op-with-mandela#ixzz2XWyDhqpX
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Sure spiffy, you don't want that photo-op........I guess the family told el heffe to go pound sand? Then again having a photo of Mandela on life support with capt spiffy wouldn't be a good photo-op moment. So OK he doesn't need that photo-op.

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama: 'I don't need a photo-op' with Mandela
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:56 pm »
BHO would prop up Mandela's still-warm corpse and snuggle next to him on a loveseat if he thought it might benefit him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:36:38 pm »
BHO would prop up Mandela's still-warm corpse and snuggle next to him on a loveseat if he thought it might benefit him.
True!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:49:08 pm »

:silly:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:22 pm »
Obammy just can't win.
....  While well-wishers and journalists crowded outside the hospital in the capital Pretoria where Mandela is being treated, a few blocks away, hundreds of demonstrators protested against Obama's visit, some burning U.S. flags.

Nearly 1,000 trade unionists, Muslim activists and South African Communist Party members marched to the U.S. Embassy shouting slogans denouncing Obama's foreign policy as "arrogant and oppressive".

Muslim activists held prayers in a car park outside the embassy. Leader Imam Sayeed Mohammed told the group: "We hope that Mandela feels better and that Obama can learn from him."

South African critics of Obama have focused in particular on his support for U.S. drone strikes overseas, which they say have killed hundreds of innocent civilians, and his failure to fulfill a pledge to close the U.S. military detention center at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba housing terrorism suspects.

Protesters said the first African-American president should not try to link himself to the anti-apartheid figure.

"Mandela valued human life ... Mandela would condemn drone attacks and civilian deaths, Mandela cannot be his hero, he cannot be on that list," said Yousha Tayob. ...
Reuters via Yahoo News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 02:47:51 am »
Obama doesn't need a photo-op when he has the NYT swooning over Obama's "following Mandela from afar" b.s. on the front page - above the fold no less.