Author Topic: Supreme Court Rulings on Gay Marriage Represent the Fracturing of the American Culture  (Read 758 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Supreme Court Rulings on Gay Marriage Represent the Fracturing of the American Culture
June 26, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, I know we've got these Supreme Court decisions today, and they represent the visible fracturing by the judiciary of American culture and American tradition.

The Prop 8 decision was really not on the merits. That was simply the court saying that the people... What happened in California Prop 8 is the original supporters of Prop 8 backed out of it during the appeal process out there and a substitute group (I forget their name) took it up. They handled the appeal at the Ninth Circus level, the Ninth Circus made their ruling on whatever it was. The Supreme Court took the case and the decision was whether or not this substitute group defending Prop 8 was legitimate.

The court ruled today they're not. They didn't have standing. They don't have standing to appeal, they don't have standing to go forward, and so the case is sent back and remanded at its last decision, which was the Ninth Circus saying Prop 8 is unconstitutional. So same-sex marriage can continue in California. Once again in California, the will of the people is overturned by the judges, and now it's happening at the US Supreme Court.

Scalia's dissent today in the Defense of Marriage Act decision, I'm gonna read portions of it to you. It is unlike any dissent by any justice I've ever read about any case. And that's because Scalia says that the majority in the DOMA ruling was unlike any majority that this court has ever produced, that it was filled with venom and rage. If Scalia's dissent is right, what it means is that the common, ordinary fisticuff arguments between left and right in this country have now taken over the Supreme Court. And the law and judicial restraint, temperament and all that has evaporated. And the court is no different than a barroom now. Whoever has the largest number on one side, the loudest voices and the most insulting voices wins.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: With all of today's Supreme Court decisions on all of the gay issues, all the fatwas -- we had DOMA; we had Proposition 8 -- now all the gay issues are behind us. Ahem. So the Republicans don't have anything to worry about now, right? I mean, the Republican Party is told, "You guys gotta get with it! You need to cave on gay marriage. You need to understand we're talking about basic civil rights here.

"You guys are gonna have to get with it! You Republicans, the gays don't like you, the Hispanics don't like you, and women don't like you because of abortion. You're gonna have to change." So gay marriage in California can continue. DOMA grants federal benefits to gay married people in 11 states and the District of Columbia. So the issue's off the table. The issue's off the table. So the gays are free to turn out and support Republicans now.

Well, this is what we're told about how this works.

The New York Times is celebrating the Supreme Court's gay rulings today. Rightly so. The New York Times has been the major proponents for gay rights. Here's their headline: "News Analysis -- With Gay Marriage, a Tide of Public Opinion That Swept Past the Court." There was a phone caller to C-SPAN today. It was one of the proudest days of my life today.

more at:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/06/26/supreme_court_rulings_on_gay_marriage_represent_the_fracturing_of_the_american_culture

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald