Author Topic: Congressional agreement on common combat uniform  (Read 638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Congressional agreement on common combat uniform
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Congressional agreement on common combat uniform
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
Have they been approved by the gays in the military?  I mean the gays are the new thing right?    major dripping sarc.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
I'm agin standardization. Uniqueness builds unit pride and cohesiveness. A few years ago the Army mandated everyone must wear the black beret once worn only by Rangers. Trivializing that special sign of warriorhood was dumb then just as this plan to remove the distinctive camouflage uniform of the Marines is dumb now.

I wonder if eventually this policy will be extended to Class As. Now that would be a disaster. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »
I'm agin standardization. Uniqueness builds unit pride and cohesiveness. A few years ago the Army mandated everyone must wear the black beret once worn only by Rangers. Trivializing that special sign of warriorhood was dumb then just as this plan to remove the distinctive camouflage uniform of the Marines is dumb now.

I wonder if eventually this policy will be extended to Class As. Now that would be a disaster. 

A Class A uniform is a lot different from the combat uniform. Combat uniforms are supposed to be utilitarian, not distinctive.
 BTW- Armored Cavalry had the black beret before the Rangers. That was taken from them by Gen Rodgers in '77. They then went with the blocked patrol cap, and eventually Stetsons for formal occasions. 
Rangers wanted to p*ss and moan about losing the black beret, but the tan beret really suits them better.
As far as the rest of the Army wearing berets...............................................................
Shinsecki should have been beat with an ugly stick for that boondoggle.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf