Author Topic: Coburn: Constituents link IRS audits to Mitt Romney donations  (Read 996 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said Thursday his constituents have suggested they were audited by the Internal Revenue Service because they donated to Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.

Coburn made the charge during an interview on MSNBC. [Watch video]

"What I would tell you, is our whistleblower side is lit up," Coburn said Thursday on the news channel. "And I got a phone call yesterday and one of the things I want to know is, everybody that contributed to Romney, I want to know what their audit rate was because the indications out of Oklahoma are right now is if you happened to be a conservative and wealthy and gave to Romney, you had an audit where you'd never gotten an audit before.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/301529-coburn-oklahoma-constituents-suggesting-that-irs-audited-major-romney-donors#ixzz2U8V2IdGz
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Online mountaineer

Re: Coburn: Constituents link IRS audits to Mitt Romney donations
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 01:06:39 pm »
Just spoke to Mr. M, who recounted a conversation he had this morning with a conservative co-worker, Bob. Bob said he and several of his friends - Republicans who have attended local tea party events but hold no official position with any organization, including the GOP - all have been audited in the last few months. The IRS told Bob he owed $6,000. When he and his accountant met with the IRS, the accountant managed to show the IRS that it, in fact, owed Bob $350.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org