Author Topic: Edward Snowden has not entered Russia - Sergei Lavrov  (Read 1061 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Edward Snowden has not entered Russia - Sergei Lavrov
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:56 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23045790

25 June 2013 Last updated at 06:53 ET

Edward Snowden has not entered Russia - Sergei Lavrov

Russia says it has had no involvement in the travel plans of fugitive US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden.

The exact whereabouts of Mr Snowden, who flew to Moscow from Hong Kong on Sunday, are unclear.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov insisted he had not crossed the Russian border.

He criticised what he termed US attempts to blame Russia for his disappearance, saying they were "groundless and unacceptable".

Correspondents say Mr Lavrov's comments suggest that Mr Snowden remained air-side after landing at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, and so has technically never entered Russian territory.

"We are in no way involved with either Mr Snowden, his relations with US justice, nor to his movements around the world," Mr Lavrov said.

"He chose his itinerary on his own. We learnt about it... from the media. He has not crossed the Russian border.

continued at link

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Re: Edward Snowden has not entered Russia - Sergei Lavrov
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »
 :Odance:
I don't have a clue! Let's dance!
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
He wanted to go to Iceland....... how hard would that have been from Moscow?

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:56:24 PM »
He wanted to go to Iceland....... how hard would that have been from Moscow?

I thought NSA could find anyone? Is it possible the CIA doesn't want this guy back home? After all, Obama has tried to throw them under the bus a time or two, and it's possible they think they are under NSA surveillance themselves.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
I thought NSA could find anyone? Is it possible the CIA doesn't want this guy back home? After all, Obama has tried to throw them under the bus a time or two, and it's possible they think they are under NSA surveillance themselves.

The last person Obama wants under oath in front of cameras is Edward Snowden.  Sparky doesn't want him back.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Is that like, ".......these are NOT the droids you're looking for!"  ??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 11:34:11 PM »
Actually, he hasn't entered Russian territory because, as far as I know, he's sitting in the in-transit part of a Russian airport.  That area is technically not part of Russia, which is why people can transit through there on their travels from one country to another country without needing a Russian visa.

This is, of course, a splitting of hairs by the Russians.

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
Actually, he hasn't entered Russian territory because, as far as I know, he's sitting in the in-transit part of a Russian airport.  That area is technically not part of Russia, which is why people can transit through there on their travels from one country to another country without needing a Russian visa.

This is, of course, a splitting of hairs by the Russians.

It's not really splitting hairs, unless you believe that every passenger should be checked on a layover overseas to see if they are fugitives.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:47 AM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf