Author Topic: Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the deadliest US soldier on record - with 2,746 kills [WTF?]  (Read 1559 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the deadliest US soldier on record - with 2,746 kills
By GARY BUISO

With 2,746 confirmed kills, Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the deadliest American soldier on record — and maybe the most humble.

As a commander of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle nicknamed “Carnivore,” Johnson, 48, helped lead the ground assault during Operation Iraqi Freedom, overwhelming the enemy with a relentless show of military might that left a trail of dead in his wake.

Johnson was obliged to report confirmed kills to his superiors, cataloging the dead in a green journal that revealed the astonishing tally — which only began to come light as he and co-writer James Tarr were researching his exploits for his memoir, also titled “Carnivore.”

There may have been a deadlier soldier in an earlier war, but since detailed records have been kept, Johnson tops the list.

It’s a mantle he is reluctant to embrace.

“It’s sort of sad to say, but they’re just another pencil mark,” Johnson told The Post, referring to his journal notations. “I didn’t think of the numbers . . . That’s not a boast I would make.”

Johnson, 48, grew up in Island, Ky., hanging out in strip mines and hunting deer with his daddy’s gun. His first kill came at the tender age of 13, when he nailed a six-point buck with a .22-caliber rifle.

more at:

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/national/humble_hero_an_army_of_one_ccqcXGajsrui0A06YZ978H

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:23:15 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My first question.....why in the world would this guy publicize what he did?

He's put a death warrant on himself.    OR.....did the Obama administration "out him" and leaked to the media where he was including his resume?

If they pin a dagger to somebody for a freaking cartoon.....why would you acknowledge that you've killed 2,746?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

My first question.....why in the world would this guy publicize what he did?

He's put a death warrant on himself.    OR.....did the Obama administration "out him" and leaked to the media where he was including his resume?

If they pin a dagger to somebody for a freaking cartoon.....why would you acknowledge that you've killed 2,746?

My reaction, too.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
1st sentence:

With 2,746 confirmed kills, Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the deadliest American soldier on record — and maybe the most humble.

Who brags about the number of people they killed? I don't care if it's in the line of duty or not, normal people just don't do that.....unless they have seriously low self-esteem.

How exactly were these "kills" confirmed? Oh yeah, "He counted the dead by tallying rifles — and human heads — among the mangled or charred wreckage left behind by the Carnivore."

:bsflag:
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Johnson was obliged to report confirmed kills to his superiors, cataloging the dead in a green journal that revealed the astonishing tally — which only began to come light as he and co-writer James Tarr were researching his exploits for his memoir, also titled “Carnivore.”

Here's your answer.  They're selling a book.  You can put these 2,745 dead Muslims in the same category as the 3,000 women Wilt Chamberlain supposedly slept with.

Offline Rosaleen

1st sentence:

Who brags about the number of people they killed? I don't care if it's in the line of duty or not, normal people just don't do that.....unless they have seriously low self-esteem.

How exactly were these "kills" confirmed? Oh yeah, "He counted the dead by tallying rifles — and human heads — among the mangled or charred wreckage left behind by the Carnivore."

:bsflag:

totally agree on this.