Author Topic: Sarah Palin: ‘Snowden is Not the Problem’  (Read 731 times)

Offline happyg

Sarah Palin: ‘Snowden is Not the Problem’
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:27:46 pm »
Former Alaska Governor and 2008 candidate for Vice-President, Sarah Palin, appeared this morning on the FOX News program, Cashin’ In with Eric Bolling to weigh in on the various Obamagate scandals, specifically the issues of Obama using the NSA to spy on American citizens without a search warrant, a clear constitutional violation, along with the Obama IRS illegally targeting certain citizens because of their opposing political viewpoints.

The thrust of the earlier part of the interview was whether government should be trusted, as well as whether the IRS should be abolished, to which Palin answered, “Right on!” Palin also said abolishing the IRS would lead to some “sledgehammering of crony capitalism.”

In regards to the NSA violations and whistleblower, Edward Snowden, Palin took the opposite opinion of many on the right and left, including former Republican Vice-President, Dick Cheney, who referred to Snowden as a “traitor.”  Below is an excerpt from Bolling’s interview with Palin, followed by the video in its entirety:

ERIC BOLLING:  I have the IRS targeting conservative groups.  I have  the FBI droning certain Americans…we’re not sure whom, and now we have the NSA listening to Americans, violating the Fourth Amendment, by the way.  The Fourth Amendment of the Constitution says you need probable cause.  They didn’t look for probable cause.

If feels to me like we’re either in Iran or Communist China.  Your thoughts?

SARAH PALIN:  Any American would say, hey, something is wrong here, especially in regards to this discussion about Snowden. Snowden is not the problem. Here we’re told, relax, don’t worry about government spying on all of our communication, building that apparatus to be able to spy on all of us. that it’s no big deal, but it is criminal, the person who told us that told us what our government is doing?  That’s what’s backwards about this.  Snowden is not the problem. the problem is government violating our fourth amendment right,  taking away our privacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AIGDXLumYUU

As usual, Palin was powerful, articulate and blunt.  The debate as to whether Snowden is a hero or a traitor will go on, but one thing is certain.  We wouldn’t know about the Obama NSA tyranny without a whistleblower exposing it.  The government would never admit that it’s spying on its citizens unlawfully, would it?  It reminds me of the Shakespearean phrase, “Don’t shoot the messenger.”  How else would we find out?

http://www.tpnn.com/sarah-palin-snowden-is-not-the-problem-2/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:30:25 pm by happyg »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Sarah Palin: ‘Snowden is Not the Problem’
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

As usual, Palin was powerful, articulate and blunt.

~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sarah Palin: ‘Snowden is Not the Problem’
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:15:19 pm »
I am with former VP Dick Cheney, (also a former Sec. of Defense). It is NOT the job of every private or sergeant or private contractor to make our country's classified national security material public.

That is treason. I served in the military with a secret clearance. My unit was in crypto communications.

Trust me, when I say it is not the job of privates and sergeants and defense department private contractors to decide these matters, not ever.

If you can't grasp that, you need to start at square one with the entire subject of national security classified material, intelligence, espionage, etc.

Some changes may be needed, but it is the job of Congress and the courts to decide that, not some individual taking it upon themselves.

And this is not a partisan issue, to be wrong to do during Obama, after doing it as well under Bush. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:25:41 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln