Author Topic: Gay Man Becomes Acting Secretary of the Air Force  (Read 1921 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gay Man Becomes Acting Secretary of the Air Force
« on: June 23, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/23/Gay-Man-Becomes-Acting-Secretary-Of-The-Air-Force

by AWR Hawkins 23 Jun 2013, 8:58 AM PDT 15 post a comment
With the retirement of Air Force Secretary Michael Donley, undersecretary Eric Fanning became "civilian leader of the Air Force" on June 21.

As Buzzfeed Politics reports, this is unique because Fanning is a gay man who was in the military under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (DADT) and who now holds a leadership position as the military continues its transformation away from the ban.

In a recent interview, Fanning talked about some of his experiences in the military, particularly the years just prior to the repeal of  DADT. Regarding the time when the push for repeal was taking place in Obama's first term, Fanning said: "I didn't know what I was going to do if we didn't get the repeal through because some people couldn't work because they were openly gay or lesbian."

Fanning also intimated he would to see sexual orientation policies further changed and better codified:

Speaking personally, I always think it's important to have non-discrimination codified to include everyone. The military, because it has a chain of command, has a different attitude about this and a different way to try to go about protecting protecting airmen, sailors, soldiers, and Marines--but Eric Fanning? Yes, I personally like to see these things in writing and codified.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Gay Man Becomes Acting Secretary of the Air Force
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
Who cares?  At least he hasn't sexually assaulted anyone.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:57:53 pm »
No doubt he'll use the position to harass anyone not on board with the homosexual agenda.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 10:07:06 pm »
Fanning is a gay man who was in the military under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
It would be nice if this weren't his only "qualification" for the job.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:20 pm »
No one encourages their children to consider the military as a career.

Or, at least, they shouldn't.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 10:29:56 pm »
Why not?  There are a lot of kids who are not enough of college material to be able to do the whole loan thing.  My brother enlisted in the Navy back in the mid 70's and had a very successful career in the private sector with the training he received.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »
No one encourages their children to consider the military as a career.

Or, at least, they shouldn't.

My uncle left teaching early on to join the Navy... because he has a photographic memory he ended up in Naval intelligence and eventually earned his 4th star as Admiral under Reagan when he agreed to stay on as Deputy Director of CIA (after running NSA for many years).... he went on to help start companies like Dell Computers and more... I think his "Navy" career stood he and his family quite well.... One of his two sons is career Naval Intelligence as well....... he and his wife have been assigned around the world..... there is a far worse life than career military.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:13:41 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 11:22:45 pm »
No doubt he'll use the position to harass anyone not on board with the homosexual agenda.

That's egregious and uncalled for.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »
I'm with AC on this one.

Homosexuals are....at least in this eavesdropping climate....susceptible to blackmail and extortion.

Obama is simply filling positions with people who he OWNS.

Heck....if you look around his cabinet and administration, the heads of many departments are homosexuals or lesbians.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »
I'm with AC on this one.

Homosexuals are....at least in this eavesdropping climate....susceptible to blackmail and extortion.

Obama is simply filling positions with people who he OWNS.

Heck....if you look around his cabinet and administration, the heads of many departments are homosexuals or lesbians.

Granting your hypothesis solely for the sake of argument:  maybe if people stopped demonizing them so much they wouldn't be so easy to blackmail.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 11:58:54 pm »
Granting your hypothesis solely for the sake of argument:  maybe if people stopped demonizing them so much they wouldn't be so easy to blackmail.

That's a response we'd expect from a bleeding heart liberal....not the pragmatic realist we've all come to know and love. 

Fact is, that people get hurt for their sexual activity all the time.   For the gay community, the shame is a bit greater...at least today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:02 am »

I'm with you too, AC.  Resenting having someone's sexuality constantly shoved in your face is NOT "demonizing" them.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 01:07:48 am »
I'm with you too, AC.  Resenting having someone's sexuality constantly shoved in your face is NOT "demonizing" them.
Bingo!  I am so sick and tired of them pushing the gay agenda, have been for a few years now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:22 am »
Why not?  There are a lot of kids who are not enough of college material to be able to do the whole loan thing.  My brother enlisted in the Navy back in the mid 70's and had a very successful career in the private sector with the training he received.

You go right ahead and encourage military enlistment.   With ROEs all skewed, and a military that seems committed to social engineering, I'm just glad my two boys did their time and left.  And they are of the same mind.

Engaging in a career in good old-fashioned capitalism is as of much service to the country as serving in a military dominated by PC objectives.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.