Author Topic: Obama to meet with civil liberties board amid snooping controversy  (Read 752 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Via Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/21/obama-to-meet-with-privacy-civil-liberties-board/#ixzz2WqTfICCF

President Obama will meet with a federal privacy and civil liberties board for the first time Friday in the wake of disclosures about secret government surveillance programs.

The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board is a little-known federal oversight organization. The meeting was arranged as part of the president's pledge to engage a range of stakeholders on privacy issues, according to a senior administration official.

Obama has said the board will play a key role in addressing the public's concerns about the government's sweeping collection of phone and Internet records.

Obama is also considering declassifying more details about the data-mining. He has tasked the director of national intelligence with reviewing a secret federal intelligence court's opinions and filings relevant to the programs to determine whether additional information can be made public.

Read more:

More at link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama to meet with civil liberties board amid snooping controversy
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »
I'm sure he'll be sober.   :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Obama to meet with civil liberties board amid snooping controversy
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »
I'd prefer him to have a little weed and mellow out before the meeting. Get back to his (supposed) student days, when "The Man" watching you was a huge fear.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink