Author Topic: WikiLeaks says Michael Hastings contacted it just before his death. Are they implying he was murdered?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
WikiLeaks just threw some gasoline onto the conspiracy fire. On Wednesday night, they Tweeted: “Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.”

What exactly are they trying to say?

Michael Hastings was a much admired freelance journalist who covered the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and helped to bring down General Stanley McChrystal. He was tragically killed this week in a car crash in Los Angeles, after his car hit a tree. Hastings is believed to have been alone in the vehicle.

Hastings has certainly been in contact with WikiLeaks before. In 2012 he wrote a profile of Julian Assange for Rolling Stone in which he asked tough questions – but the overall tone is sympathetic. Hastings appeared willing to accept that the US government might have targeted Assange in an effort to discredit him; the interview also highlights the failure of mainstream media outlets to expose mistakes made by the US military and generally permits Assange to push his side of the story. Hastings’ empathy for WikiLeaks ties together the deceased journalist, Julian Assange and (through Assange) the leaker Bradley Manning.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100222652/wikileaks-says-michael-hastings-contacted-it-just-before-his-death-are-they-implying-he-was-murdered/

Offline Rapunzel

When I posted the original article the other night the first comments were how suspicious this accident appeared.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

When I posted the original article the other night the first comments were how suspicious this accident appeared.

Fox mentioned it this morning. The suspicions are gaining traction. This administration is capable of anything.

Offline GourmetDan

Fox mentioned it this morning. The suspicions are gaining traction. This administration is capable of anything.

Here is James Farganne's take on it.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline happyg

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
That was what first caught my attention on the news reports the next morning...an engine being thrown that far out of a head-on into a Palm Tree?  And an explosion like that in a brand new Mercedes?  I've seen a lot fatal accidents like that - head-ons even - but I've never seen anything like that from a straight on car wreck.

And the blithe news reporters just read their scripts and emoted "how terrible!" with not a second thought at what they were looking at.

There HAS to be something more here, no idea what but this is not as it was reported.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline ABX

That was what first caught my attention on the news reports the next morning...an engine being thrown that far out of a head-on into a Palm Tree?  And an explosion like that in a brand new Mercedes?  I've seen a lot fatal accidents like that - head-ons even - but I've never seen anything like that from a straight on car wreck.

And the blithe news reporters just read their scripts and emoted "how terrible!" with not a second thought at what they were looking at.

There HAS to be something more here, no idea what but this is not as it was reported.

Not to mention the crumple zones on a Mercedes, especially new models. The passenger compartments are fairly intact. Technology has come a long way.  This is a Honda, not a Mercedes, but it is just for an example. A Mercedes should be safer.

Offline ABX

I am no expert, but something jumps out. Look at the grass around the car.

Tell me what's wrong with this.

Offline Rapunzel

Tire tracks.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

More and more I am starting to believe Breitbart was indeed murdered, too.

Offline ABX

Tire tracks.

That's one but I can discount that in assuming it was head-on into that tree instead of spinning across other trees away from us in the picture. OR, it was coming towards us so the tire tracks are obscured by the car itself.

But, what stands out more. The car was on fire, obviously, but the grass all around it is unharmed. some of the grass even appears to be right up against burnt areas of the car.

It is probably nothing, but I found it odd.

Offline ABX

More and more I am starting to believe Breitbart was indeed murdered, too.

I'm still not buying that one yet. He had a heart condition, drank a lot,  and was a classic type-A. Sometimes a heart attack is a heart attack.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

As you said, the grass is unburned.

It looks more to me like the Merc actually wedged between two trees pushing the entire body shell back.

What gets me is the visible rear wheel. The tire is right against the curb, yet still inflated with no distortion to the alloy wheel itself If you have ever curbed a car with alloys, you know exactly how easily they deform even at 5 mph.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink