Author Topic: Here come the Edward Snowden truthers  (Read 909 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here come the Edward Snowden truthers
« on: June 20, 2013, 12:26:39 am »
Every time there’s a shooting at an elementary school or a bombing at a marathon, people harboring an obsession with — or financial interest in — conspiracy theories will jump on inconsistencies to tear down the “official narrative” and replace it with their own, no matter how far-fetched. So perhaps it was only a matter of time before the conspiracists set their eternally skeptical eyes on another target. Meet the Edward Snowden truthers.

What’s surprising about the Snowden theories is that one might think he’d be a sympathetic figure to people deeply skeptical of government power. But instead of holding him up as hero (or even a traitor), some are intent on labeling him a co-conspirator.

Perhaps the most prominent Snowden truther is Naomi Wolf, whom Al Gore reportedly paid $15,000 a month to advise his presidential campaign. People were a little surprised Friday when the prominent feminist author and activist posted a lengthy essay on her Facebook page wondering if Snowden may actually be a plant from “the Police State.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/19/here_come_the_edward_snowden_truthers/

Oceander

Re: Here come the Edward Snowden truthers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:32:40 am »
I don't think there's a roll-the-eyes smiley out there big enough to express my view on Ms. Wolf.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:56:28 am »
I don't think there's a roll-the-eyes smiley out there big enough to express my view on Ms. Wolf.

It isn't how big your gif is, it is how you roll it.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:45 am »
Nope, not yet!