Author Topic: 16 ways you know you went to a crappy public school  (Read 740 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
16 ways you know you went to a crappy public school
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:08:22 am »
How many stars on the American flag? You’re guessing “a lot.”

Can dolphins communicate? You think, of course they can. They’re a footbal team, they have to communicate.

The three states of water? You guess Oregon, for sure, because it’s rainy there.

Gravity? You wonder what’s the big deal about gravity? If something is heavy, it’ll fall.

A camel can walk a long way without what? A map.

The language Shakespeare wrote in? You’re thinking French? Maybe Shakesperean.

When multiplying 6 x 7, you need a calculator. But you can’t think of any good reasons for doing this.

A rolling stone gathers no moss? Okay, but why would it want to?

People asked, where’s Alaska and you said, off the coast of California. You saw it on a map. Alaska was in a box near San Diego.

Name two oceans? 11 and 12.

Which came first, the Supremes or the Supreme Court? You’re not sure. You want to know if that’ll be on a test.

Clouds are made of what? Smoke.

How many feet in a mile? Dude, seriously, what’s the point?

You appeared on Jay Leno’s Jaywalking and couldn’t answer his dumb questions.

You can’t read your diploma.

You have really high self-esteem.

Heck, even 'good' public schools these days...   Personal note. I went to private schools through most of my life but I went to a public school the first two years of high-school. I had to immediately take senior level classes because what they were teaching was stuff I remembered from the 5th grade. My parents transferred me back to a private school just so I could get the classes I needed to get into a good college.

Oceander

Re: 16 ways you know you went to a crappy public school
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:45 am »
I went to sort-of-private schools when we lived overseas; in Mexico we went to the British school because the American school was a disaster.  When we returned to the States I ended up in all of the gifted and talented programs at school because I'd already covered a lot of the material in earlier grades.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: 16 ways you know you went to a crappy public school
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:15:40 pm »
How many feet in a mile? Dude, seriously, what’s the point?
Indeed, considering the rest of the world has gone metric.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024