Author Topic: Man held as four stabbed at mosque in Birmingham  (Read 420 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
Man held as four stabbed at mosque in Birmingham
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Via the BBC:

Police have arrested a 32-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder after three men and a police officer were stabbed at a mosque in Birmingham.

Officers were called to the mosque on Washwood Heath Road in Ward End at about 23:00 BST on Saturday.

In a statement, West Midlands Police said three men were found to have suffered stab injuries.

As police arrested the man, the officer was also wounded. All four injured are in a stable condition in hospital.

Officers are conducting patrols in the area in a bid to reassure local people, a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said.

Mohammed Shafiq, the leader of national Muslim organisation the Ramadhan Foundation, said his thoughts were with the injured and their families.

"I have spoken to someone who lives a few doors down from the mosque and they described hearing an argument between some of the people inside the mosque.

"It escalated into violence and a police officer has been stabbed."

More at link. Bolding mine.

Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

Re: Man held as four stabbed at mosque in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
The incident began during the final prayer session of the evening.

Ch Supt Alex Murray said the man they arrested was of Somalian descent and that a "sizeable knife" had been used in the attack.
So no "hate crime" charges will be filed, I trust.   :nono:
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Man held as four stabbed at mosque in Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 07:13:49 PM »
Sounds to me the young man had a Jerry McQuire, "....who's comin' with me??" moment.

...and nobody went. :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

"It's not the mountain before you, but the pebble in your shoe"      ....or something like that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo