Author Topic: US troops on Syria border as Obama arms rebels  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

US troops on Syria border as Obama arms rebels
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:52:33 pm »
Three hundred US Marines have been deployed to northern Jordan to pave the way for the West to arm Syrian rebels.

A Patriot anti-aircraft missile system, designed to protect Jordanian territory from attack by Assad missiles, has also been moved into the area.

The deployment, seen by The Times north of Al-Mafraq, has been put in place under cover of a military training exercise being held this week, but it will remain there for months.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article3791863.ece

That is all of the story I was able to c & p as the Times (UK) requires a subscription to read further. In any case those 2 paragraphs are enough to worry me that Obama is going to get us into yet another Muslim ME morass with no good outcome for us, and possibly more dead Americans.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: US troops on Syria border as Obama arms rebels
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »
I must have missed it. Where exactly was the Congressional approval for this?  :shrug:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57:58 pm »
I must have missed it. Where exactly was the Congressional approval for this?  :shrug:

Since when does Obama care about Congressional approval?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:35:39 am »
Just like the handful of advisers we started out with in Vietnam.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:40 am »
I called my congressman's office this AM about Obama's move to support what appears to be an Al Qaeda force.  No immediate answer, but promise a timely response since they see this thing moving too rapidly.

Call me crazy but I think the regime will do anything to keep focus OFF the CMFIC.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »
The blood of our soldiers will flow (remember, he's sending troops to several other nations, as well). Will B. Hussein be held accountable?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 05:47:27 pm »
The blood of our soldiers will flow (remember, he's sending troops to several other nations, as well). Will B. Hussein be held accountable?

Up is down and down is up. Megyn Kelly just had a segment on this... the GOP guest says no way no how, and Leslie Marshall who excoriated Bush for Iraq is all in for Obama on this crazy war in Syria and approves of arming AQ to fight Hezbollah.   :shrug: :shrug:  I don't care if Bush was still President I am against fighting any more wars in the middle east... let them kill each other off.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776