Author Topic: 'Arrest Obama when he visits'  (Read 2577 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Arrest Obama when he visits'
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »
http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/06/11/arrest-obama-when-he-visits

'Arrest Obama when he visits'
KATHARINE CHILD | 11 June, 2013 00:36

The Muslim Lawyers Association in Johannesburg wants US President Barack Obama arrested and tried for war crimes when he arrives in South Africa on June 29.

It submitted a 600-plus page document to the Office of the National Director of Public Prosecutions on Friday asking for an investigation into Obama's involvement in the Middle East.

Group spokesman Yousha Tayob said Obama ordered drone strikes that killed innocent civilians.

In terms of the Rome Statute, South Africa has the right to prosecute a war criminal on its territory, said Tayob.

Researchers from New York University School of Law and Stanford University Law School recently released a report entitled "Living Under Drones: Death, Injury and Trauma to Civilians From US Drone Practices in Pakistan".

They found that in four years Obama commissioned five times more drone attacks than former president George W Bush did in his two terms in the White House .

The report estimates drones have killed between 474 and 881 civilians, including 176 children.

The US Embassy in South Africa's spokesman Jack Hillmeyer said it had "no comment".

National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Bulelwa Makeke said the office had received the docket and was studying it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: 'Arrest Obama when he visits'
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:36 pm »
The report estimates drones have killed between 474 and 881 civilians, including 176 children.

A record of shame which causes large segments of the world to hate us as sanctimonious frauds.

I recognize there is a great animosity here toward Muslims, some of it justified, but imagine how we would feel if any other country in the world had done the same in regards to Americans. Retaliation for this does not justify the Tsarnevs of the world but it helps to explain them.

You may now flame me to your heart's content but that won't change the facts.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 05:12:37 pm »
You may now flame me to your heart's content but that won't change the facts.

No flame. It's a delicate situation with merit on both sides. As much as I hate Obama, I can't condemn him for this. But I'm not sure I approve either.

muslims have proven time and again that they will kill any infidel, any time, any place by any means. If blowing up one of their leaders with a drone kills a couple of his kids, I have to fall on the side of being in favor of it. Killing that leader could save how many infidel lives?

Bottom line, as long as the terrorists operate as they do, I am in favor of the drone attacks. But, I can see both sides.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 05:48:14 pm »
7 Things Democrats Would Have Freaked Out About If Bush Had Done Them

This is a complement to the topic on this thread but cannot be quoted directly because it is in great part a pictorial report. Kinda funny, too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/things-democrats-would-have-freaked-out-about-if-bush-had-do
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »
7 Things Democrats Would Have Freaked Out About If Bush Had Done Them

This is a complement to the topic on this thread but cannot be quoted directly because it is in great part a pictorial report. Kinda funny, too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/things-democrats-would-have-freaked-out-about-if-bush-had-do

That's some good stuff there. I recommend the click!  :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:07:39 am »
I will condemn him for this because, at least according to what I've heard, he actually enjoys ordering these indiscriminate killings. It supposedly is like a video game for him and he doesn't care whether civilians are in the mix. I do find that reprehensible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org