Author Topic: TV star tweets on guns, loses half her following  (Read 721 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

TV star tweets on guns, loses half her following
« on: June 13, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »
Has this already been posted? I did a search but nothing popped. In any case this story is not new but there is an extra dimension to it I did not recognize at first. Katie Sackoff, the subject of the story is the actress who plays deputy sherriff Moretti on one of my favorite TV shows, "Longmire" (though it hasn't been as good this season as last).

Yeah, well, "duh" to you, too.

Merely tweeting about guns these days can prove to be volatile, especially for those in Hollywood.

Case in point is actress Katee Sackhoff, best known for her TV roles as agent Oceander Walsh on “24? and pilot Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on “Battlestar Galactica.”
[Note they don't mention "Longmire" so that's my alibi].

After having seen a news report about a four-year-old boy who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that was left unattended at a friend’s house in Prescott Valley, Ariz., the action star tweeted Monday: “Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

It didn’t take long for the powder to ignite as Sackhoff’s Twitter feed was targeted by followers voicing support for gun control instead of gun safety.

The upshot of it all is that Katie lost half of her Twitter followers for advocating gun safety instead of gun control.

Fox News reported Sackhoff’s initial comment “apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers,” as she was left with some 98,000 followers on Monday.

She took it in good stride, however, and

She concluded the discussion by noting: “On a lighter note since I’ve lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety … the sun is shining and Happy Monday. Love your neighbor today.”

I like Katie even more now.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/tv-star-tweets-on-guns-loses-half-her-following/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams