Author Topic: Rand Paul: Every cell phone likely tracked  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Rand Paul: Every cell phone likely tracked
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »

Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Rand Paul: Every cell phone likely tracked
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »
Nothing to worry about, say the Democrats.

It's not as though that idiot George Bush were still President.

Then, it would be positively chilling....
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:41 PM »
Today on Rush's show, a caller who was an executive in the communications industry explained what product he had available on the market.

BEFORE your phone rings...as in caller ID...information pops up on your screen as to:

Name
Address
FICO score
Whether you're in foreclosure
how much you make
if you've contributed to any political party
your voter registration
your last few posts on Facebook and Twitter

and a whole lot more!!

And I'm dead serious.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:11:13 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Today on Rush's show, a caller who was an executive in the communications industry explained what product he had available on the market.

BEFORE your phone rings...as in caller ID...information pops up on your screen as to:

Name
Address
FICO score
Whether you're in foreclosure
how much you make
if you've contributed to any political party
your voter registration
your last few posts on Facebook and Twitter

and a whole lot more!!

And I'm dead serious.

Is that all?  I would imagine that any publicly-available criminal records would show up as well.  If not, they could be easily added for many states; in fact, mere arrest records are often made public as well, something that I think is truly unjust given that the police often simply arrest people just to arrest them and leave it to the DA to sort things out and decide if charges should be filed or not.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »
Also, viz. tracking cell-phones:  not only is the data content likely being tracked, the physical location of the handset is trivial to trace; using that, and the data from any particular call or data transfer and you can determine who the speaker was (the owner or someone else), who they were communicating with, and where they were located.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered how Google maps gets its traffic data - i.e., data showing which roads have a lot of traffic and which do not - and just recently I began to wonder if it wasn't using data from cellphones in which for any cell-phone that was located within the roadbed, the movement of that cellphone could be measured and that data used to infer how quickly, or slowly, the traffic on that road was moving at the location of the cellphone.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »
Also, viz. tracking cell-phones:  not only is the data content likely being tracked, the physical location of the handset is trivial to trace; using that, and the data from any particular call or data transfer and you can determine who the speaker was (the owner or someone else), who they were communicating with, and where they were located.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered how Google maps gets its traffic data - i.e., data showing which roads have a lot of traffic and which do not - and just recently I began to wonder if it wasn't using data from cellphones in which for any cell-phone that was located within the roadbed, the movement of that cellphone could be measured and that data used to infer how quickly, or slowly, the traffic on that road was moving at the location of the cellphone.

Most excellent theory, OC!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »

On whose screen???? 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
On whose screen????

Let's say Rush purchased the application...so it's he that's going to know who's on the other end of the line whenever he gets an incoming call.

Obviously it's good for sales....but it's an even better application for law enforcement and court systems in influencing their decisions on outcomes.

Sure...they tout the "G-rated", vanilla benefits...in assisting in target marketing.

For example, they'll say that political action committees would immediately have access to a dozen or so FRIENDS and/or associates of the caller....who have all donated to the same political party.

Now...you could use that information for good....and for bad.

Right now we have an administration that has willfully targeted Conservative Christians through the DOJ, and the IRS.

....so my conscience tells me it's for something VERY bad.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=TuET0kpHoyM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=TuET0kpHoyM</a>

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:14:30 PM by DCPatriot »

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
The Fourth Amendment isn't "enough" any more.
Americans need more protection.
The following proposal not only defines "inalienable rights", but also "enumerates" the limits of government:
===================
Citizens protected by this Constitution possess an inalienable right to privacy in their persons, business, and homes, and while they are in public.

It shall be a violation of this Constitution for the United States or for the several States to violate or invade the individual privacy of citizens by use of physical, mechanical, or electronic means or devices on land, on water, below ground, or from the air.

This protection shall extend to all lawful acts or communications by an individual citizen or between two or more citizens, including content that is spoken, written, or electronically transmitted. It shall extend to citizens regardless of their location, whether in private or in public.

The only exceptions will be as governed by the Fourth Amendment of this Constitution.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf