Author Topic: John Boehner calls Edward Snowden a ‘traitor’  (Read 844 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner calls Edward Snowden a ‘traitor’
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:59:56 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=033978A6-B237-43FE-874D-7A1F31646B9A

John Boehner calls Edward Snowden a ‘traitor’
By: Hadas Gold
June 11, 2013 07:25 AM EDT

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Tuesday called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a “traitor” and said his actions are a “giant violation of the law.”

“He’s a traitor,” Boehner said on “Good Morning America.” “The president outlined last week that these are important national security programs to help keep Americans safe and give us tools to help fight the terrorist threat we face. The disclosure of this information puts Americans at risk.”

Boehner said Congress was fully briefed on the programs and that lawyers were always present to “protect the privacy of Americans.”

“There is heavy oversight of this program, by the House Intelligence Committee on a bipartisan basis and the Senate Intelligence Committee,” Boehner said. “And that’s why I feel comfortable that we can operate this program and protect the privacy rights of our citizens.”

“When you look at these programs, there are clear safeguards.There are no Americans that are going to be snooped on in anyway unless they’re in contact with some terrorist around the world,” he said.

Last week Boehner declined to detail to reporters if he knew about the NSA program monitoring, saying it’s President Barack Obama’s responsibility to “explain to the American people why the administration considers this a critical tool in protecting our nation from the threats of a terrorist attack.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: John Boehner calls Edward Snowden a ‘traitor’
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:26 pm »
These are surreal times I never thought I would actually live through.  Upside down.  What's night is now day.  Wrong is now right. 

:hard crying: 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »
Boehner said Congress was fully briefed on the programs and that lawyers were always present to “protect the privacy of Americans.”

Boehner and 'lawyers' protecting my privacy.

I feel so much better...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 01:19:39 pm »
Ralph Peters also calls it treason in an op-ed in the NY Post.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org