Author Topic: If you grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's, then be grateful! [video at link]  (Read 1482 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c12_1370729168

video at link! 

If you grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's, then be grateful!

I can't believe we made it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

Hey DC!  Love this film.....guess we made it.  Miracle of miracles--no childproof anything I can remember.  How did everything get so...so...safe?

Online NavyCanDo

What simple pleasures will the kids today remember of their childhood?  Moronic cartoons, Angry Birds, MineCraft, and LEGO Kits that you will only find the pieces to build one time, so you better never  ever take it apart (and they all do).
Thankfully my 11-year old son  loves the TV shows I grew up which I have all on DVD, like Gilligan, F-Troop, Flintstones, Adams Family ,  etc.   He also loves old-time radio which I also have a lot of. Caught him many a school night instead of sleeping, laughing at Edger Bergen and Charlie McCarthy. He even chose to do his Famous  Person / Parent Night Report on Edger Bergen  rather than the normal characters everyone else does.   The older  parents Love It!!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck