Author Topic: If you grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's, then be grateful! [video at link]  (Read 723 times)

Offline DCPatriot

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

video at link! 

If you grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's, then be grateful!

I can't believe we made it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

"It's not the mountain before you, but the pebble in your shoe"      ....or something like that

Hey DC!  Love this film.....guess we made it.  Miracle of miracles--no childproof anything I can remember.  How did everything get

Offline NavyCanDo

What simple pleasures will the kids today remember of their childhood?  Moronic cartoons, Angry Birds, MineCraft, and LEGO Kits that you will only find the pieces to build one time, so you better never  ever take it apart (and they all do).
Thankfully my 11-year old son  loves the TV shows I grew up which I have all on DVD, like Gilligan, F-Troop, Flintstones, Adams Family ,  etc.   He also loves old-time radio which I also have a lot of. Caught him many a school night instead of sleeping, laughing at Edger Bergen and Charlie McCarthy. He even chose to do his Famous  Person / Parent Night Report on Edger Bergen  rather than the normal characters everyone else does.   The older  parents Love It!!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lando Lincoln

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo