Author Topic: Edward Snowden: I mistakenly believed in Obama’s promises  (Read 1161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/edward-snowden-i-mistakenly-believed-in-obamas-promises/article/2531439

Edward Snowden: I mistakenly believed in Obama’s promises
June 9, 2013 | 4:37 pm

Charlie Spiering

Edward Snowden, the self-revealed whistle-blower at the National Security Agency, explains that part of the reason he decided to come forward was because President Obama did not roll back the surveillance measures put into place by the Bush Administration.

“A lot of people in 2008 voted for Obama. I did not vote for him. I voted for a third party,” Snowden said in an interview with the Guardian. “But I believed in Obama’s promises. I was going to disclose it [but waited because of his election]. He continued with the policies of his predecessor.”

Snowden acknowledged that he watched Obama struggle as he attempted to justify the surveillance programs during his press conference on Friday.

“My immediate reaction was he was having difficulty in defending it himself,” Snowden said about Obama. “He was trying to defend the unjustifiable and he knew it.”

Snowden referred to a “grassroots movement” planning to take to the streets on July 4 in defense of the Fourth Amendment. The movement is called “Restore The Fourth Amendment,” and grew out of the Reddit community.

“I have been surprised and pleased to see the public has reacted so strongly in defence of these rights that are being suppressed in the name of security,” Snowden said in the interview.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Edward Snowden: I mistakenly believed in Obama’s promises
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:50:53 pm »
I don't why he had to project what Obama was feeling at last Friday's 'news' conference.

....as if Obama was struggling defending it.....like an innocent third party.

The Limbaugh Theorem.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:37:50 pm »
The 4th for the Fourth!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:01 am »
Yes.  Let's by all means cheer for anyone who reveals state secrets.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 12:29:36 am »
Yes.  Let's by all means cheer for anyone who reveals state secrets.

So those who revealed Nazi Germany's state secrets to the Allies and died for it fully deserved their deaths and we should not be lauding them for having done what they did?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:22:46 am »
So those who revealed Nazi Germany's state secrets to the Allies and died for it fully deserved their deaths and we should not be lauding them for having done what they did?

According to the Nazi's, yes, they deserved death, just as those who sold nuclear weapons secrets to the USSR during the cold war are rightfully considered worthy of death by much of the USA.

Let's pick a better option. The Pakistani doctor who exposed the whereabouts of bin Laden - hero or deserving of what he got? I'd go hero, but he got shafted by both sides equally.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink