Author Topic: Glenn Greenwald: I have more secrets to reveal  (Read 1362 times)

Offline happyg

Glenn Greenwald: I have more secrets to reveal
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:48:39 am »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/glenn-greenwald-i-have-more-secrets-to-reveal/article/2531427

On ABC’s ‘This Week,’ journalist Glenn Greenwald explained that Americans could expect him to reveal more secrets about the government surveillance programs.

Greenwald wrote two bombshell stories last week in the Guardian newspaper – one about the National Security Agency obtaining phone records from Verizon customers and one about the agency’s PRISM program.

“Should we be expecting more revelations from you?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“You should,” Greenwald answered shortly.

Greenwald remained quiet about his sources, reminding Stephanopoulos about the importance of whistle-blowers.

“[E]very time there is a whistle-blower, somebody who exposes government wrongdoing, the tactic of the government is to try and demonize them as a traitor. They risk their careers, and their lives, and their liberty. Because what they were seeing being done in secret, inside the United States government is so alarming, and so pernicious that they simply want one thing,” Greenwald explained. “And that is for the American people, at least to learn about what this massive spying apparatus is, and what the capabilities are, so that we can have an open, honest debate about whether that’s the kind of country that we want to live in.”

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:51:51 am by mystery-ak »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Glenn Greenwald: I have more secrets to reveal
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:46 am »
We already know Greenwald was apparently very loose with the truth in regard to PRISM. Take anything he "exposes" further with a grain of salt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:33 am »
LOL!   And to think they had Stephanopoulos.....who was the one chosen to 'introduce' the "WAR ON WOMEN" during the presidential debate....as the one 'interviewing' Greenwald.

That's why I smell a rat here.....  :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:47:38 am »
LOL!   And to think they had Stephanopoulos.....who was the one chosen to 'introduce' the "WAR ON WOMEN" during the presidential debate....as the one 'interviewing' Greenwald.

That's why I smell a rat here.....  :pondering:

You know DC, all of these latest scandals - I'm glad the word is starting to filter out somewhat that Obama's administration is up to their eyeballs in scandal - but I can't get rid of the nagging feeling of WHY?  Why is this all coming out now?  Is it coming out to get us away from Benghazi, which I think could bring Obama and Hillary both down?  Is it to get this all out NOW - as far away from the next election as they can - so it will be talked out by then?  Or has it really gotten that bad - that internal people just can't take it anymore? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »
You know DC, all of these latest scandals - I'm glad the word is starting to filter out somewhat that Obama's administration is up to their eyeballs in scandal - but I can't get rid of the nagging feeling of WHY?  Why is this all coming out now?  Is it coming out to get us away from Benghazi, which I think could bring Obama and Hillary both down?  Is it to get this all out NOW - as far away from the next election as they can - so it will be talked out by then?  Or has it really gotten that bad - that internal people just can't take it anymore?
I tend to believe the latter might be possible. Maybe some people think Benghazi could take the administration down, but I just don't see the potential for that to happen.

I'm thinking one of two theories here:
1. Obama ticked someone off within the administration.

2. This is the ultimate illustration of hubris-- Obama flexing his muscles, exposing his corruptions, and daring the Republicans to try and do something about it only to let his lackey Harry Reid kill any effort to do so. Obama is a lame duck; he has nothing further to have to defend unless he can be impeached. Perhaps this is his effort at a final blow to his enemies-- leaving the impression that he is too powerful to be rebuked and that there is nothing anyone can do about it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »
I tend to believe the latter might be possible. Maybe some people think Benghazi could take the administration down, but I just don't see the potential for that to happen.

I'm thinking one of two theories here:
1. Obama ticked someone off within the administration.

2. This is the ultimate illustration of hubris-- Obama flexing his muscles, exposing his corruptions, and daring the Republicans to try and do something about it only to let his lackey Harry Reid kill any effort to do so. Obama is a lame duck; he has nothing further to have to defend unless he can be impeached. Perhaps this is his effort at a final blow to his enemies-- leaving the impression that he is too powerful to be rebuked and that there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It's for sure that SOMETHING is going on!  It may be an interesting summer.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »
It's for sure that SOMETHING is going on!  It may be an interesting summer.

It will be a long hot summer, prior to a chilling winter. Comfort will require much effort as the "necessary skyrocketing" comes full circle. Troupe Obama has deviated from the pre-ordained script.  Refusal to "stand down" and the deviance of the "intoxicated one" has necessitated full-throttle means to the ends, up to and including martyrdom. It will be a culmination of the literal translation of Islam "submission" and the watering of the tree of Liberty. GOD will not be mocked.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:37 pm »
It will be a long hot summer, prior to a chilling winter. Comfort will require much effort as the "necessary skyrocketing" comes full circle. Troupe Obama has deviated from the pre-ordained script.  Refusal to "stand down" and the deviance of the "intoxicated one" has necessitated full-throttle means to the ends, up to and including martyrdom. It will be a culmination of the literal translation of Islam "submission" and the watering of the tree of Liberty. GOD will not be mocked.

:amen:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
There are so many scandals and it's almost difficult to decide which is most offensive, but when all else fails, look to see whether anyone died. I guess.
 Benghazi: the government abandoned its own citizens (and employees) when they were under attack and let them be slaughtered to hide a scheme to arm terrorists who are intent on destroying America.
Other scandals: the government spied on its own citizens in violation of the Constitution for no legitimate purpose.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org