Author Topic: Joe Manchin hints Eric Holder should consider leaving  (Read 731 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin hints Eric Holder should consider leaving
« on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:21 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=440920C7-C34B-9EE2-8B12F9C8F65D9C87

Joe Manchin hints Eric Holder should consider leaving
By: Hadas Gold
June 7, 2013 04:49 PM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) wouldn’t answer directly when asked if he had confidence in Eric Holder and suggested the Attorney General should consider leaving in an interview with Bloomberg TV set to air this weekend.

“Let me just say that — that any public official — no matter whether it be the attorney general or anybody in public office — whenever you feel that you have lost your effectiveness or may be losing your effectiveness to the detriment of the job that you do, you have to evaluate that and make a decision,” Manchin said, according to a transcript of the interview. “And I think we’re at the time now where decisions have to be made.”

”And do you think that that applies to Eric Holder right now?” Political Capital host Al Hunt asked Manchin.

“I think it applies to every public official,” Manchin said.

When asked if he has confidence in Secretary of State John Kerry, Manchin answered “I most certainly do.”

“So Eric Holder is in a different category?” Hunt asked.

“I just think that basically, in light of what is going on in the country, and everybody looking at it, it must be the — might be the most well-intended person with the best of intentions, but if they’re not being effective and they’re not being received, how effective is it and how good is it for the — for the country?” said Manchin, who has been a critic of the administration at times.

Holder has come under fire recently for recent revelations the National Security Agency has been monitoring Americans’ telephone calls and for the Department of Justice targeting news organizations. He has dismissed calls for his resignation.

In the interview with Hunt, Manchin also said he finds the NSA revelations are troubling.

“It bothers me, and I think it bothers you and every other American,” Manchin said.

“I’m wanting to do everything I can to fight the war on terror,” he added. “There will not be another day in my life, my children or grandchildren’s life they won’t have to be vigilant against terrorists wanting to do us harm. But do you give up everything as an American?”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Manchin hints Eric Holder should consider leaving
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »
Mojo (my Senator) is an idiot. He will not cross Obama. Mild criticism only.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org