Author Topic: Obama: If People 'Can't Trust' Government, 'We're Going to Have Some Problems Here'  (Read 784 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/07/Obama-press-conference-problems-here

by Ben Shapiro 7 Jun 2013, 11:11 AM PDT

During his speech in San Jose, California on Friday, President Obama took one question from the press on national security monitoring of Americans. Without any sense of irony whatsoever in the aftermath of the IRS’ targeting of conservatives, the administration’s stonewalling on Benghazi, the Department of Justice’s targeting of reporters, the Department of Health and Human Services’ leveraging of private organizations for Obamacare public relations cash, and the Environmental Protection Agency’s secret email addresses, Obama unloaded this line:

If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.

Of course, that trust has been eroded by the least transparent administration in American history. But Obama added, “You can shout Big Brother or program run amok, but if you actually look at the details, I think we’ve struck the right balance.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

My God!
This crook is maddening.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

famousdayandyear

o my lawd.....what could he mean.  we already got problems here

Offline Cincinnatus

Mr President, Mr President, I have found 2 people who have expressed some concerns about whether we can "trust" government.

The first is a fellow named George Washinton: “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

The other is a friend of his named James Madison: “Wherever the real power in a Government lies, there is the danger of oppression.”

I am only telling you this in case you would like to have them investigated.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams