Author Topic: Breaking: NSA Eavesdropped on People Whom They Had Personal Grudges (Audio)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Renee Montagne from NPR spoke with liberal columnist and author Glenn Greenwald, the reporter who co-wrote the stories for the British newspaper The Guardian, today on the massive data-mining scandal.
Greenwald dropped this bomb during the interview.

“There are reported examples of the NSA, analysts at the NSA, using mechanisms they have access to. ABC reported several years ago through whistle blowers that they have used it to eavesdrop on people on whom they have personal grudges. There are isolated examples of the Patriot Act being abused. The problem is that the entire system operates behind a wall of extreme secrecy.”

Here’s Greenwald on NPR this morning:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/06/boom-nsa-eavesdropped-on-people-whom-they-had-personal-grudges-audio/

Offline Relic

I wonder if there is any shame at all in the American media? The stories keep breaking, and are broken by English journalists, or bloggers. American Pravda sits on their thumbs in dumbstruck amazement at what's going on.

Is the media so rabidly left that they can endure the humiliation of being nothing but stenographers for the Obama administration? An administration that has shown contempt for the members of American Pravda.

Is it any wonder I despise them as I do?

famousdayandyear

All this time there have been concerns about the creation a gun registry database.  Looks like the feds already have it with a few clicks in their own search engine. THAT is very very scary.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:48:22 pm by famousdayandyear »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is the media so rabidly left that they can endure the humiliation of being nothing but stenographers for the Obama administration?
I don't really think this is a left/right thing at all. Greenwald is an extreme lefty, bordering even on anti-Americanism with his rhetoric, and he has no problem reporting on this.

The American media may be rabid, but not on pure ideology (except perhaps when it comes to homosexuals). Instead, it is the cult of personality that Obama seems to have fostered. To his sycophants, he can do very little wrong.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

Greenwald is an extreme lefty, bordering even on anti-Americanism with his rhetoric...

That is but one element of this which has concerned me. This surfaced in a Leftist British paper. Now I am not worried our home grown papers didn't reveal it given it involved their hero Barack, but I am curious as to why The Guardian did. How did it get the info? Was this just simply an act of anti-Americanism on the part of Greenwald and The Guardian? Against the European's beloved Obama?

Something strikes me as odd here.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Relic

Greenwald is an extreme lefty, bordering even on anti-Americanism with his rhetoric...

That is but one element of this which has concerned me. This surfaced in a Leftist British paper. Now I am not worried our home grown papers didn't reveal it given it involved their hero Barack, but I am curious as to why The Guardian did. How did it get the info? Was this just simply an act of anti-Americanism on the part of Greenwald and The Guardian? Against the European's beloved Obama?

Something strikes me as odd here.

If you were the leaker, where would you go? Fox and have it ridiculed and ignored? The MSM and have it buried? Or the Brits, who have shown that they do more journalism in an hour than our MSM does in a year.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
British journalists seem to have some sort of beef with American journalists (probably for the latter's smugness) and it seems they are trying to out-scoop them.